Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving out: any fees/notifications?

FIXED
GR4CE
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Moving out: any fees/notifications?

We're long term customers, over 10 years, but can get faster and cheaper service elsewhere so we're moving out our fibre (out of contract) and phone (LRS until May, after years of renewing), on this 24th February to Vodafone, who advised they do everything.
I suppose we'll lose a couple of months of PN phone LRS, but I'm wondering if there is any additional fee or anything I need to do before the transfer.
Thanks in advance.
7 REPLIES 7
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Moving out: any fees/notifications?

@GR4CE 

If you believe that you will get faster speed with Vodaphone I fear that you will be disappointed as they use the same BT infrastructure. Have you tried ringing Plusnet, telling them you're leaving and see if the will match the Vodaphone price? It could save you the hassle of moving.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

GR4CE
Rising Star

Thanks @Baldrick1 , it's decided and ordered already.

Vodafone has a minimum speed guarantee which is higher than what I get from PlusNet for my line (I know I can never get the maximum because of the distance from the box), but even if it was on the same speed, Vodafone is still considerably cheaper (more than £100/year). 

That's why I would just like to know if there'll be any charges for leaving early the phone line as I  did the LRS (broadband is out of contract, and I never received the notification of end-of-contract a few months ago, which is disappointing).

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @GR4CE

If you give our Customer Options Team a call on 0800 328 4624 they'll be able to advise on any early termination charges and/or advise on any notice period which you need to provide as part of the migration process.

Best wishes

Dave

GR4CE
Rising Star

Fix

Thank you.

I eventually found this (in italics what I wanted to know) in the LRS FAQ, so no need.

"You can cancel Line Rental Saver within the first 14 days after ordering and get a full refund. After this, you can cancel the service at any time, but the fee is non-refundable."

I'll just lose a couple of months, but still get a big saving.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Is there anything we can do to tempt you to stay? Wouldn't want to lose you after 10 years!

Thanks for the loyalty though and if you choose to leave, all the best with your new provider and I hope you'll choose to return in the future (We'll keep the lights on, so to speak)

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

I hope Voda have improved. I came back here from them because evening speeds were so dire. They do let you use your own router now though, which can be a bonus, although if you need to take advantage of their refund for slow speeds, you need to be connected to theirs.

GR4CE
Rising Star

Thanks @Gandalf , not for now but we'll see how it goes with Voda, never say never Smiley

@Marksfish I'm sure my son (the gamer) will be very alert at the speed, ping, latency and all those things I've no clue about!!