cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving house

clairesdog
Grafter

Moving house

I'm moving house at the end of the month and It's looking like I'm going to have to say goodbye to plusnet  Cry 
I cannot do without my phone line for any length of time as I work from home, but they are saying that I could be without  it for 7 days whilst I swap over....
The property is on a different exchange so I will have a new number, there is a phone line to the property, but that was disconnected in november when the owner moved out. I think she was supplied by talk talk.
I want my phone line at my old property until the 31st may and be switched on at the new property by 1st june - how hard can that be?
So it is looking like I will have to set up new supplier for both home phone and broadband at the new property then just cancel plusnet at the old property....  Cry
I like plusnet... I've never had any problems with them ...
3 REPLIES 3
James
Grafter

Re: Moving house

Heya,
In honesty, you would probably experience similar delays with different suppliers too.  We should be able to get your phone up and running on the same day that you move in and then have broadband up and running 5 working days later.
This is common with all service providers.  However, if you give us *at least* 7 working days notice, we should be able to do something called a simultaneous reprovide, which would see both your phone and broadband being turned on on the same day.
In order to do so, it is absolutely imperative to give us at least that much notice.
zubel
Community Veteran

I can vouch for a 'sim reprovide' as I recently moved house and requested the exact same.
I did give two months notice though  Grin  (I also had James' mobile number so I could yell at him if it didn't work ;D)
From what I understand, it's still possible for BT to foul things up, but sim reprovides are becoming more and more reliable!
B.
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
When you move house we essentially have two options:
1) A change of address order for your current line. This will have some delay. Be that a couple of days to a couple of weeks.
2) A cease of your old service and a start of new service at the new property. We can do this in advance, but the cost is usually slightly higher. However as you're getting a new number anyway (presumably 'cos you're moving to a different exchange?) then the cost is likely to be the same, as there's a BT line in your new property (£38.85).
Drop me a PM if you'd like me to look into this further for you.