Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving home / Master socket change

Posts: 26
Registered: ‎24-03-2013

Moving home / Master socket change

Hi all, hoping someone can help, i'm in the process of buying a new house, and the master socket is in a slightly odd place, with wires around doors etc.

I wondered what the process was for getting it moved / wires in the wall, would it be a case of having someone assess what can be done, and myself drilling holes for wires to be fed by Openreach etc.

I thought i would ask, prior to moving, i'll be brining Plusnet with me, and will miss having the line next to my PC.

Aspiring Hero
Posts: 2,568
Thanks: 572
Fixes: 139
Registered: ‎22-08-2015

Re: Moving home / Master socket change


Hi there,


We can arrange Openreach to do the work for you, though we would pass on to you the call out charge of £160. Another option would be to get a qualified telephone engineer round.


If you have any further questions please feel free to let me know.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button