Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from BT to Plusnet ?

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Moving from BT to Plusnet ?

Hi Plusnet
At the moment my line rental is with BT Retail. And my current broadband is with Plusnet ISP. So, once my BT contract end this month. Can I move my line rental to Plusnet without affecting my broadband like disconnection and re-activated again ? How long does it take from BT to Plusnet on the line rental ? Do I need a special migrate code ?
The reason I choose BT to Plusnet because cheaper line rental, UK Support Centre, Plusnet will deal the fault on the line rather than BT.
Thanks
9 REPLIES 9
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Moving from BT to Plusnet ?

Quote from: goldenadsl
Can I move my line rental to Plusnet without affecting my broadband like disconnection and re-activated again ? Yes
How long does it take from BT to Plusnet on the line rental ? From memory about a week
Do I need a special migrate code ? No
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Jim's right on his replies there but let me know if you need any more help.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
James
Grafter

It takes 2 weeks to transfer your phone line from one company to another (this is basically an Ofcom measure).
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

BT had offer me £6 off a month with unlimited Anytime Plan Extra at £2.15 plus Line Rental at £12.45 total to pay inc vat £14.60 with a saving of £72 a year off (normal price for unlimited anytime plan is £5.15 plus line rental is £15.45 total £20.60) So, I agree with BT and took the offer deal for 12 months contract today. And my broadband is staying with Plusnet Unlimited. Wink
X_

A few questions:
1. If I switch phones from BT to Plusnet, would I get a full refund for the unused BT line rental period I've paid in advance, or is there a cancellation fee?
2. Does the annual Line Rental Saver renew automatically? Would I be charged a fee if opt for monthly rental after a year? How do I choose Line Rental Saver?
3. I'll be moving house in a couple of months. Can I keep my existing phone number? The exchange is the same and in fact I'll be nearer to it.
4. What is the procedure for switching phones to Plusnet?
Thanks for any help.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

1. If I switch phones from BT to Plusnet, would I get a full refund for the unused BT line rental period I've paid in advance, or is there a cancellation fee?

That's something you'd need to ask BT.
2. Does the annual Line Rental Saver renew automatically? Would I be charged a fee if opt for monthly rental after a year? How do I choose Line Rental Saver?

No, but we do send out reminder emails prior to the current offer expiring.
3. I'll be moving house in a couple of months. Can I keep my existing phone number? The exchange is the same and in fact I'll be nearer to it.

It's not something we can guarantee I'm afraid but we'll try our best for you, being the same exchange I can't imagine that would be a problem.
4. What is the procedure for switching phones to Plusnet?

You should be able to add a phone service via our site, there's a pretty comprehensive list of FAQs here if you need any more information: http://www.plus.net/home-broadband/faqs/broadband-and-phone/
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

There's a question you haven't asked:
If I have a fault on my phone line will I (as I do on BT) get a free redirection of incoming calls to my mobile?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

If I have a fault on my phone line will I (as I do on BT) get a free redirection of incoming calls to my mobile?

The redirect is free but each call redirected is chargeable.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ArthurDent
Grafter

X asked
If I switch phones from BT to Plusnet, would I get a full refund for the unused BT line rental period I've paid in advance, or is there a cancellation fee?
I've now had the balance of line rental refunded in full from bt to my bank. No doubt you'd want to check the exact amount - which I found difficult to agree. Only a few £ different, but I couldn't suss out bt's formula for the calculation. Rounding, perhaps? Or maybe related to the number of days in the month?
No cancellation fee providing you are out of any initial contracted period. I've just done it, although I had to wait for the remainder of 12mths to expire. I had a special deal during that 12mths, but when it expired they just billed at standard, without even emailing to let me know that the original period was over.
Like goldenadsl, as soon as I asked for a mac I was made another offer. However I took a different line, being p****d that they had previously said they couldn't improve  further, or even give me back the terms I had had during the previous 12mths.