cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving and need new phone line - What's going on?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Moving and need new phone line - What's going on?

I'm looking into this now to find out what's happened.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for your patience.

Our suppliers advised that the survey team need to prepare an A55 so that the job can be passed to the planning team.

An A55 is usually where planning permissions are required.

We're advised we should have an update tomorrow morning. Apologies for the continued delays.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Sadly such pathetic performance by BTOR on new line provisions requiring surveys is not uncommon.  It took me / Plusnet 3 months to get a line requiring a survey installed.  And that only happened after multiple emails to the CEOs of BT and BTOR.

The end of my tale involved the need to cut a tree back surrounding BTOR's DP on a dual service pole.  BTOR claimed that they were waiting an arrangement with the power company to de-power the line so that tree works could be undertaken.  When I contacted the power company they said there was no pending request.  In the end the power company did the tree cutting for me ... after wards BTOR blamed me for "interfering with the request to the power company" as being the cause of the delays in the line installation.

You just could not make up BTOR's shoddy performance in a comedy farce.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

After discussing this with another Openreach team manager we've been advised that the job is still with the survey team and is being dealt with at a high priority. We're to expect an update tomorrow.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Out of interest, did this problem ever get resolved?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

The loop we were stuck in seems to be resolved, and the work is being carried out.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
oakfield
Grafter

Time for an update!

On the 17th October we finally had a visit from someone to do a site survey.

I agreed to lay some ducting down the drive and pull the cable through ready to be connected up.

The ducting a cable was delivered a week or so later and I had it fitted the week after that.

I have just had a visit from an engineer (Visitor number 13!) and believe it or not I now have a cable fitted and connected at both ends!!

I believe I need to now wait for some one to connect me up in the box down the road and I'm done!!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for letting us know.

Almost there!

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
oakfield
Grafter

Have you got any updates for me regarding the progress of this?

Thanks.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I've just updated your ticket at this very moment.

It looks like the order is still stuck in the Openreach systems. They've escalated this and we're due an update tomorrow.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
oakfield
Grafter

Hi,

Any update on this today?

I am assuming it is still 'Stuck in the System' but another week is ticking by and I'm getting frustrated now - especially when I received an email this morning reminding me that my direct debit to Plusnet will be going out soon!

I am at a complete loss as to how a company like BTOR can be so useless, incompetent and unorganised!

Can you please give me details of where to send a claim for my financial loss so far.

I will be intending to claim for the half days I was waiting at home when either no engineer turned up or they did turn up but said they can't do anything because I need a survey, the line rental and internet package that has been paid by direct debit since the service stopped working on the 8th September and the extra data I have had to pay for via my mobile phone contract in order to stay a little bit online.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Any update on this today?

We've been advised to check back on Monday, but the Team Manager I discussed this yesterday said they'd try to chase it up but we've had no news so far. When we hear back you'll be the first to know.

Can you please give me details of where to send a claim for my financial loss so far.

We can't cover loss of earnings unfortunately but I'll be happy to discuss a gesture of goodwill when this is resolved.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I can understand that may be Plusnet policy, but take the claim to the small claims court and it's a different story!

@oakfield See https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/delivery-rights

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
oakfield
Grafter

Thanks @jelv!

So, I had the phone line connected last Monday.

Unfortunately I was 'Stuck in the System' for a week, but my fibre order has now been accepted and is due to complete in a couple of weeks. - Finally getting there!

I was just wondering if my phone should be working now, or will that also not be for a couple of weeks?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I’d expect it to be working.
Do you not have a dial tone?
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet