cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving a Home Phone

argoed

Moving a Home Phone

On 18th of April I asked for my home phone and broadband to be moved to a new address 200 m along the same road.  Later that day  I was billed £49.00 for the engineer's vist to liven the line and given a date and time of between 8am and 1pm on Wednesday 4th May.

The phone socket at the new address existed and just outside the new address is the PCP (the green roadside cabinet that both the old address and the new address were served by).  All that was needed was to transfer the line in the PCP.
A further five emails were receieved about the order being put on hold, taken off hold,  found to have been put in the wrong 'section' etc.  But I was assured that oit was AM on 4th May.
On the appointed day, I sat in all day at the new address but no-one appeared.  Eventually I contacted Plusnet who said there had been an error  and that they would have to rebook the appointment.  I was given a new date of Monday 16th May  in the afternoon. I was then advised that they could not get my phone number back as part of the original order was "stuck in the system and would not let them reissued the number. I would have to have a new number whilst they sorted my original number out". I protested and said that in all my dealing with Telecom,  it would be te start of problems (I've been in the telecoms industry for many years and have dealt with moves like this for customers and know what happens!) 
I was given a new appointment on AM on Tuesday 17th of May. Openreach did turn up and livened the existing line up BUT with a NEW phone number which I said didn't want!. 
Now a week on and  no-one is able to telephone us as 'our' telephone number has 'Number Unobtainable' on it.
Just spoken to Plusnet who still can't give me a date when we'll have our phone working.
Meanwhile Plusnet have taken another payment for a service I haven't got!
3 REPLIES 3
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Moving a Home Phone

Hi there,
I can see this is in hand with one of our provisioning team, I'll give them a nudge and get you an update put on the ticket for you.
argoed

And here we are five weeks after we 'lost' our phone number  and still nowhere near getting it back.
I keep getting messages like -
"We are still not able to place a order to get your old telephone number allocated to your new line, this is because our suppliers systems show that the number is still active even though the telephone line has been stopped.
I have spoken to our suppliers and I have been advised that they are aware of the problem and are currently working on resolving this issue."
How can a phone number just vanish.?  I did warn Plusnet that this would happen but they insisted doing it this way and they said the number would be moved within 24 hours after the 'new number' was installed
Plusnet  haven't  fullfilled theiir side of the contract to move my phone line according to my solicitor and yet I'm being charged for it.
Time gets nearer to contacting friends in the media me thinks?
Luckily I have a BT line at another premises nearby with broadband - so firing a WiFi link may be the answer? 

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi argoed,
I've just talked to the agent who's looking after this issue for you. I can assure you this has been escalated with our suppliers and we've been advised that we'll have an update within 24 hours. If we haven't heard anything by tomorrow this will be escalated further, and I'll update you here as soon as we know any more.