cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Home Phone

jackoab
Grafter

Moving Home Phone

I'm at a loss as to where I go from here and any help would be gratefully accepted.
At the moment my Home Phone is with Plusnet and in 2 weeks I'm moving to a new flat about a mile away, I would like to keep my number if possible. This morning I phoned CS and explained the situation and after checking the new address they informed me that there was already an active line at the property and I would have to get BT to stop the line, so called BT explained the situation and was told it's Plusnets responsibility to get the line cleared but on checking the address said although there was an active line at the premises it was not a BT line and they couldn't tell me whose the line was, as I have no way to contact the previous tenant how am I supposed to continue with this problem?
If anyone can give me any advice please do, I really don't care who controls the line as my only reason for having a line is to facilitate Broadband, Jack.
13 REPLIES 13
James
Grafter

Re: Moving Home Phone

Hi Jack,
Can you do me a favour and PM the address at the new property?
jackoab
Grafter

Hi James, PM sent, Jack.
jackoab
Grafter

Hi James,
                  Do you have any news for me yet as until I get my phone line organized I can't start on moving my B/B, regards, Jack.
James
Grafter

Jack,
Apologies for not getting back to you on Friday, especially after I'd got someone to look into the installation for you!
Because you're wanting to keep your existing number, which we can ask for, but can't guarantee, there'll be a renumber charge at the new address of £38.85.
Please let me know if you do want to go ahead and I'll get something raised and picked up on your account.
jackoab
Grafter

Thank's for that James, could you please let me know when it's OK and I can start my B/B change,  my changeover date is 18/07/09, regards, Jack.
James
Grafter

Hi Jack,
Do you have broadband with us on that line?  I was certain that you did, but the account that your community login is associated with, doesn't seem to have broadband attached?
jackoab
Grafter

I did have broadband on that line until recently when I changed  provider, hope this won't cause a problem, also just edited previus post to give the date of my move which is 18/07/09, Jack.
James
Grafter

Jack,
Thanks - Are you just wanting to move your Home Phone service to the new address or do you also want an order placing for broadband?
jackoab
Grafter

Just the phone please James, it was the links with BT that made me move, never really had a problem with Plusnet that wasn't caused by BT, Jack.
James
Grafter

Thanks Jack.  I'll add a ticket to your account.
jackoab
Grafter

Thank's James, does this mean I can now contact my ISP and tell them to go ahead?, Jack.
James
Grafter

Not yet Jack.
You'll need to either wait until the phone service is up and running, or we can supply you with a simultaneous provide code which you'll be able to give to your new supplier.
I've asked the provisioning team to generate a sim provide code in the likelihood that you'll want to use that.
jackoab
Grafter

Again James, thanks for all your help with this, Jack.