cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Away

Spuddy
Grafter

Moving Away

If an existing Home Phone user moves their broadband to another provider how would it affect the home phone account? Would it need to be moved also or could it stay with Plusnet even though no broadband is provided?
6 REPLIES 6
James
Grafter

Re: Moving Away

Hi Spuddy,
When we first started selling Home Phone, you did actually have to have a broadband service with us.  So if you migrated your broadband to a different supplier, then you would have to move your Home Phone services as well.
The good news is that this is no longer the case!  We realised that it was a really poor exit experience for our customers who were leaving, so if you do migrate away from us, then you can continue to receive Home Phone Smiley
But surely, the more apt question has to be.... Why would you want to leave in the first place?!
Spuddy
Grafter

Don't get me wrong I like it here. Cheesy
I don't WANT to move away it's just that I could do with a faster upload speed so was looking at some 24Mb services that have a 1.3 or 2.5Mb upload speed. The reason is that I have a website that is updated regularly with a squirt of mySQL and the quicker I can upload it then the less chance of interupting service for any website users.
Unless there is a higher speed plusnet product on the horizon?
BR
Paul
James
Grafter

Hi Paul,
When is your exchange due to be upgraded to ADSL2+ with BT?
Spuddy
Grafter

How do I find out?
paulby
Grafter

Enter your phone number in the exchange search here.  

Moderators Note by Roger (rogerloxton): Fixed URL link for you Wink
James
Grafter

Your exchange is due to be ADSL2+ enabled (on the BT side of things) next February.
If you can sit tight for that long, we should be able to sort something out for you.