Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved from BT a week ago - No Caller Display

FIXED
millimole
Dabbler

Moved from BT a week ago - No Caller Display

Hi There - I've looked on the help pages, and done all the usual unplugging & replugging at my end. I've dialed *#234# and got 'caller display is unavailable'. My control panel says that caller display is active on my account.
It was all working fine with the BT provisioned line.

So it looks like I've done everything I can, and everything is in place at the PlusNet end - so please can someone have a look at a solution?
Previous forum posts on this subject seem to indicate that switching it off and back on again at the PlusNet end might be one solution (although an exchange 'lift & shift' has been mentioned as well - which sounds like hard work in this weather!!)

Due to a family member with clinical anxiety/stress/mental health issues an early resolution to avoid spam calls would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks 

Mike 

10 REPLIES 10
MymsMan
Dabbler

Re: Moved from BT a week ago - No Caller Display

Have you also activated Call Protect on your account to block spam callers (though some change numbers frequently)

Dial 1572 to check if it active and change settings.

There does appear to be a spate of problems with activation of caller display.

millimole
Dabbler

Thanks..1572 isn't active. We were supplied with a Truecall unit to screen & intercept calls which works very well if the  caller display is active. And no, taking the Truecall unit out of the system makes no difference! 

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Fix

Hi @millimole,

I'm sorry to hear that your caller display feature isn't working. I've checked and this was showing as active on our system and our suppliers system.

To try and resolve this, I have removed the feature and have now placed an order to readd this to your line, which will take up to 24 hours to complete. Please let us know if this feature is still not working after 24 hours - if so, we will escalate this to our suppliers for further investigation.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Move from BT to Plusnet - was this a like for like migration or an upgrade migration, as in a move from ADSL with BT to FTTC with Plusnet?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

millimole
Dabbler

It was a like for like move. I'd been with BT FTTC since they put it in in our area, but with the prices going sky high, and no need for the TV offering, I thought I'd come back to PlusNet who had been great back in the days of steam powered internet!
I expected issues with the Broadband, I didn't anticipate any problems with the phone! It just goes to show (something - I'm not sure what it shows, but it does.......)

millimole
Dabbler

Thank you for your prompt response EmilyD - I'll have a look both late this evening and during tomorrow mid-morning.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Thank you @millimole,

Fingers crossed that it works but please let us know if not and we'll investigate this further for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

I didn't anticipate any problems with the phone! It just goes to show (something - I'm not sure what it shows, but it does.......)

There has been a history of orders for CLI not "taking" properly on BTOR's systems.  There have also been some examples of work in the exchange by BTOR (associated with a migration from ADSL to FTTC) also hindering the correct operation of CLI.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

millimole
Dabbler

Thanks - fixed by 6pm Friday.

Excellent customer service!

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Great to hear that's sorted for you @millimole
Let us know if there's anything we can help with moving forwards.