cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move/New phone line ?

fluffy123

Move/New phone line ?

Hi, I’m currently a plusnet customer and get phone line and broadband.

We suffer from a noisy line and constant drop outs of internet and think that this is due to a very old and poor phone line that we inherited when we bought our home just under a year ago.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByC8XJ6mwxLcYWRmYk85VjZCVlE

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByC8XJ6mwxLceWJyYUVpaTBiN00

My question is, the location for this isn’t ideal anyway as it is in the hall cupboard and an extension lead has to be run under the floor boards. Additionally, the wiring goes through our door frame and the bell box is attached to this, therefore every time the door is shut, the chances of an issue increases. Can we request that this is all ripped out and a new phone box is placed in a better location in our living room as our service isn’t great at present as a result. How do we go about doing this? Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Move/New phone line ?

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Hi fluffy123,

The only real way to get a new line installed into the property is to set up a new account with ourselves and request the new line install.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hey there. Further to Ben's post, if you would like to just move your master phone socket to a better location, we can arrange an internal shift with our suppliers. We would pass on the BT engineer charge to you though, the cost I can't remember but will find out tomorrow if you're interested.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
fluffy123

Hi Anoush,

That would be great - thanks. Would be interested to know.

Would the process involved installing a new socket and ripping out the old one/wiring for it into the property?

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Thanks for getting back to me. The engineer charge is £160 which covers the work required with moving your master phone socket to a new location. We can request that they install a brand new socket, however this isn't guaranteed.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button