cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More Nusiance calls , PPi etc

HammyHamster
Dabbler

More Nusiance calls , PPi etc

Ever since moving home and taking Plusnet broadband with me I have been bombarded with these calls...primarily for someone who obviously used to have this number. I have registered with tps etc etc...same old story as everyone else.
I need Plusnet to sort this. I never had this problem with my old number (also a plusnet one) but had to have a new one due to the house move.  Angry
If Plusnet really cannot do anything then I will sort it myself by changing provider..simples
Regardless of what I have read I consider this a result of the number I was given by Plusnet so its down to them to sort it.
I had to pay a £50 fee to have the phone line activated..despite it being an active BT line. I was told to wait for an engineer who never arrived as it was done 'remotely'...and I was told that the other £60 moving fee would we waived if I stayed with plusnet for a min 6 months after moving.
I have been in the new house 8 weeks and get 10 calls a day at the most inconvenient times. I am well miffed
I was always happy with plusnet b4 but unless someone can offer a solution I will be looking for a reimbursement of the £50 and release from contract
4 REPLIES 4
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: More Nusiance calls , PPi etc

Hi HammyHamster,
Welcome to the community forum.
I know what a pain these calls can be, I've had them myself. The first step is TSP which you have done, the next step would be to add 'choose to refuse' this will allow you to block upto 10 numbers even if they withhold their number although this is chargeable at £6 per quarter.
There is also anonymous call reject, this is also a chargeable service at £4 per month, this would block all numbers that do not display themselves, although if the call is from abroad this cannot always be guaranteed.
To change a to a new number is a chargeable service at £35.85 and the only way to avoid this is by providing a crime reference number.
I tried to call you to go through the options, I have left you a voicemail and also created a ticket on your account to explain this.
I hope this helps.
HammyHamster
Dabbler

Many thanks for all the extra information.
In addition, a big thanks you for reacting so quickly and resolving my problem for me. Am really impressed with the customer service. Thanks Chris. Smiley
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

When you get the calls are you asking the caller if they use the TPS? If they are UK companies I find that they quickly apologise and take steps to remove the number from the database. Doesn't help with the overseas callers though, but you haven't said which they are. (Don't forget it takes some weeks for the TPS to become active in the first place)
The new number will be allocated by BT and they are supposed to let old numbers lie unused for 6 months before reallocating them. If you could get proof that it's a very recently disconnected number that you've been given you might have more chance of a free renumber.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Glad I could help, if there's anything else let me know.