cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile to Plusnet landline

Alex2x
Grafter

Mobile to Plusnet landline

Will it cost me if somebody calls my plusnet landline from there mobile.
25 REPLIES 25
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Re: Mobile to Plusnet landline

Welcome to the forum  Smiley
No it will not cost you
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Alex2x
Grafter

Thank you
Alex2x
Grafter

Also can you clarify for me please. I just bougjt a new phone for my land line and it has an answerphone built into it. Does that mean I can use this facility without been charged by plus net
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Yes, that's what I do.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Yes that's correct, however PN standard voicemail is free.
You may want to check to make sure the free voicemail is not active if using the one on your phone, you can do that here
https://portal.plus.net/plustalk/index.php?page=wlr_add_call_features
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Alex2x
Grafter

Thanks for the responses. I have checked and yes it was on the free plusnet answer phone so I have deativated it should take a few days.
Thanks for the help
Cheers Alex.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

So is basic 1571 provided on a new service without the customer being advised?
Alex2x
Grafter

kind off seems that way i was under the impression that if you wanted answer phone you had to pay for it..
James
Grafter

Voicemail is supplied by default (along with ex-directory).
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

1571 is opted-in by default in the sales journey but can be deselected by the customer before proceeding.
Anotherone
Champion

Well I think that automatic provision of 1571 is disgusting James & Ben, it should be opted out by default. Despite many suggestions or comments/polls or complaints on this forum you won't supply Caller Display as a free alternative.
@Alex2x, Virtually all CPs will provide the basic 1571 service FOC, but my (and many others) view is that the cosy Cartel of providers find it convenient because it's profitable to not tell customers that when you have the service, if your line is engaged, the caller gets answered immediately by 1571 - no engaged tone, no use 5 to ring when free, and the caller is obviously charged (unless within inclusive minutes) for being answered. With today's Connect/Setup fees and first minute charges, that's not a cheap event including a lot of PAYG mobile tariffs!
Being charged for getting an engaged number - wonderful - especially if your call is one where it's not appropriate to leave a message or convenient to be called back  Roll_eyes
Alex2x
Grafter

well said m8.
Thanks.
James
Grafter

Quote from: Anotherone
Well I think that automatic provision of 1571 is disgusting James & Ben, it should be opted out by default. Despite many suggestions or comments/polls or complaints on this forum you won't supply Caller Display as a free alternative.

I note your opinion but I've not had a single ticket raised complaint (although I suspect this will change in the next five minutes) about provision of voicemail by default.
Anotherone
Champion

Maybe because people don't realise the implications as I stated in my post above, and only a small percentage read these forums  Roll_eyes
Very convenient for CPs  Lips_are_sealed