Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating in.

Mal08
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: Migrating in.

I just got the answer to my question over on the B/B section  ;D,
But I moved to Onetel about 3 years ago, and they have been ok - but since they were bout by CPW - they have gone downhill rather.
I am with Pipex ( now owned by Tiscalli  Sad   ) - and when I changed package with them - they tried to move my phone from Onetel ( it would have been beneficial to me ) - but Onetel were ackward and it never happened. I'm sure if I pressed the point I could have resolved it - but other matters intervened and I never did .
So - I'm sure Onetel would have no choice if I moved here to PN for home phone - but has anyone had problems moving from Onetel / Talk Talk.
Mal
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Talk Talk are a lot slower than BT in letting you go but they do eventually.
paulby
Grafter

My mother-in-law moved from TalkTalk to PN Home Phone without a hitch.  It took ten days - the same as it takes to move from BT. 
She wasn't on an unbundled line and already had broadband with PN - only the calls and line rental were with TT.  The same procedure was followed as when leaving BT, i.e. you get a letter saying "Sorry you're leaving..." which you just ignore (unless you've changed your mind and don't want to move). 
coastergrotto
Grafter

I moved from TalkTalk to Plusnet also without problem.      It was quite funny really because TalkTalk were ringing me to try to get me to switch to their broadband package.  Once the woman had finished her sales pitch, I calmy announced that it was handy her ringing as I was in the process of switching my phone to Plusnet and away from them due to the fact that Plusnet offered evening and weekends free, whereas my current package with TalkTalk only gave me weekends free.
To be fair she said leave it to her (I had already requested the move via the Plusnet website) and a few days later I had a letter from TalkTalk confirming the switch unless I contacted them to tell them otherwise.
It really was a painless operation.
Mal08
Rising Star

Thanks all for the advice on opting out of Onetel/T-T - I've decided to go for it - just having problems getting Pipex to play ball - even though I requested my MAC code - they have sent an automated message saying phone them on their 0871 phone lines at 10p per minute - !!!. I wonder if they have a 01 / 02 number. [ yes found via http://www.saynoto0870.com/Wink
I can't opt into Plusnet phone until I get my Mac code for the broadband  Sad
Mal08
Rising Star

Interesting thing happened today - in view that I'm about half way through migrating from Onetel ( Talk-Talk ) to Plusnet phone.
In the post this morning was another letter from BT - saying time to return to BT.
I presume as part of the transfer process BT Wholesale need to be informed - so why do BT Retail get to be told - rather naughty  Angry