Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating in.

SteveA
Pro
Fixes: 3

Migrating in.

I'm supposed to be migrating to Plusnet phone.
BT said my last date with them was Friday 15th. PlusNet said their transfer date was today (18th) but they'd let me know if it changed. Well I've had no email but my control panel says that my phone service is not configured. The line still works and BT's system still thinks my account is with them so....
20 REPLIES 20
ian007jen
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: Migrating in.

It took  Plusnet about a week to enable the control panel and my caller ID when i switched a couple of months ago, patience is a virtue.
Ian
paulby
Grafter

@SteveA
You normally get a confirmation e-mail the day after you move - this is because BT Openreach don't inform PN of their order completion until then.  Your control panel will be activated at the same time.  All this normally happens before lunch time but can take a bit longer.
You can check to see if you've moved by dialling 150.  If you have, you'll get a message saying "Sorry, you cannot dial that number from this line.....".  If you still get "Welcome to BT....", you haven't moved.
SteveA
Pro

150 gives me the "Sorry" Message.  Smiley
pierre_pierre
Grafter

better make our penguin smile then Smiley Wink Roll_eyes
James
Grafter

Hi Steve,
BTs confirmation is the last working day of service, whereas your start date with us is the first working day.
It's normal for there to be a days delay before the component is added.
SteveA
Pro

Well it all seems to be working now. Got the emails and the control panel is all up and running.
Now I expect an endless stream of letters from BT saying "you left us, you'll be sorry, other services are really rubbish".... my brother gets a couple a week from them!  Crazy
coastergrotto
Grafter

I've not had one from BT since I left them or TalkTalk either.
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I get one about every two weeks. The one today was on very thick card Smiley
Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

We keep getting them regularly too, every week or two since we switched to PN Home Phone. We had one a few weeks back folded up into a very tiny envelope.They're really trying to get our attention - but in vain!  Grin
Plusnet user since November 2003
Full Fibre since September 2023
Mac OS14 and Firefox user with latest versions of both
paulby
Grafter

I managed to stop the BT mail (and a lot of other junk mail too) by registering with the Mail Preference Service.  They'll stop phoning you too if you also register with the TPS (you no longer have a business relationship with them so they're not allowed to cold call).
Prior to registering with the TPS I got cold called from BT when I was with another phone company.  They asked if I would like to come back to BT, to which I said no.  However, two weeks later they slammed my line back regardless.  It took me five months, endless hours in call queues and an e-mail to Ben Verwaayen (the then CEO) to get out of a contract I never signed up for. 
I'm now with PN and happy!!
Mal08
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

I left BT about 3 years ago and I had lots of those annoying letters and phone calls too.
But once when I was phoned - I got rather annoyed and insisted I was put through to the duty manager of the call centre.
I insisted in no uncertain manner that I did not want any more calls or letters and wanted my name off their list, and I quoted the Mailing preference service.
Luckily - I have never received a single letter or phone call since.
Ironically - I'm thinking of moving home phone to PN - but then I found in the small print - or a press release that BT have bought PN, yet they still seem provide a better package than their parent company ???.
At least PN have a UK support centre and not in India - so that would be worth it alone.
I love India - been there etc., but I don't like support centres there for UK businesses.

http://www.mpsonline.org.uk/mpsr/mps_choosetype.html
zubel
Community Veteran

Plusnet are owned by BT Retail, but operated as a completely seperate entity.
B.
SteveA
Pro

Quote from: Mal08

At least PN have a UK support centre and not in India - so that would be worth it alone.
I love India - been there etc., but I don't like support centres there for UK businesses.

Oddly enough it was a call from an Indian Call Centre that gave me the final push to move to Plusnet Phone. I was phoned at about 6:30 on a Friday night (when I was just about to sit down for my evening meal) by a person who could not even pronounce my first name, let alone my last.. No "Is this a convenient time" or anything, just straight into a garbled sales pitch about BTs "wonderful" option 2 and how I would be much better off on it (which I wouldn't). So I told him I was leaving BT and went and placed the order for my migration to PlusNet.
Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

We've been with TPS for years. Haven't had calls from BT just the begging letters, which we assumed we would get. After we left AOL for PN they kept sending stuff to try and get us back but stopped eventually.
Plusnet user since November 2003
Full Fibre since September 2023
Mac OS14 and Firefox user with latest versions of both