Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating from full LLU Sky line to PlusNet is this possible

stujbyron
Dabbler

Migrating from full LLU Sky line to PlusNet is this possible

Hi
Ive just signed up for plusnet Pro and Homephone anytime and ahve asked to move my sky broadband and phone line to plus net, it is an LLU line is this possible or do I need a new line?
Thanks
Stu
26 REPLIES 26
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Migrating from full LLU Sky line to PlusNet is this possible

welcome to the Forum
it is possible, but Sky and Talk Talk have a nasty (Incorrect) habit of ceasing the line and cancelling your number, or holding onto your line and badly delaying the transfer
After the migration make sure that you tell then you have left as they are known to keep billing you for months
stujbyron
Dabbler

Thanks,
I spoke to Sky about migrating and they were unhelpful and nasty too and have point blank refused to allow the line and number to migrate, furthermore they wont say if there is any fees for coming out of a 7 month contractr thankfully to Anthony at Plusnet support it should be sorted fingers crossed
Not applicable

Not a very good response from Sky.  I hope that all goes well for you.  Might be helpful for others if you could keep us updated on this.
stujbyron
Dabbler

Thanks Poppy
Will do
Ive just spoken to Sky again and they have said that they have put a TAG on the line and therefore itcant be moved, is this true?
Stu
pierre_pierre
Grafter

that is one of the tricks they pull
stujbyron
Dabbler

what does it mean a tag
stujbyron
Dabbler

Should I ring Sky and insist on them cancelling the line and BroadBand down
prichardson
Grafter

A tag on the line is an industry term, in simple form it means there is already a broadband service marked on the line. The term would normally only be used in situations where it is marked as having broadband when it actually doesn't (examples of this includes a brand new line, so shouldn't have broadband, but is tagged as having it).
With regards to your problem, I cannot currently see the full picture and results applicable to the number on which you are requesting service.
http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome
If you run your number through the above checker, do you get a response along the lines of
There is no data available for this number. This could be either because it is not a BT line or it is a new BT number that has just been provided. Most new numbers will appear on the checker 24 hours after BT has installed the line.
If this is a new BT number and does not appear after 24 hours then please click here for further details.

If this is the message you receive, Plusnet will need to perform several requests on your line. First is a import and conversion of the line back to the BT network. This can be rejected by the prior supplier, though normally only due to validation errors.
If this is not the message you are seeing, we will need a MAC to transfer your broadband supply. Unless you are able to supply this in advance, there is nothing we can do directly.
If you are experiencing problems with the transfer and we have advised this is due to the response received from the prior supplier, or you are experiencing problems obtaining information we haver requested from them, you should review their Code of Practice of their website. This will provide details of their complaints process and failing this, their alternate dispute resolution (ADR) scheme they are required to supply.
Whilst they cannot block you from leaving, it should be noted that it between yourself and your previous supplier to ensure any outstanding contractual arrangement agreed are resolved. Such disputes should not prevent a move though.
stujbyron
Dabbler

What should I do for the best
will there be a problem with the order
prichardson
Grafter

That depends.
What sort of message did you get from the checker?
stujbyron
Dabbler

An Update:
Hi
I have just spoke to Customer Services Agent Cherri (not sure if I have spealt that correct) and she has confirmed that Sky will accept an automated Request to switch to BT-Plusnet and will nto block any attempt to do so.
She also confirmed that there may be cancellation charges but on the majority this doesnt happen, however I had to accept that I may get charged. Which I did.
She also confirmed that I will loose the Phone Numebr I had which I accepted.
So when BOT Provisioning put the line order through it should go ok and can any forum PlusNet staff confirm when the first payment will go through
Thanks
Stu
stujbyron
Dabbler

Hi Mr. Richardson
It was the same message you had, Cherri at Sky Customer Services - Retentions confirmed that i wont need a MAC as it is a movement of LLU to ADSL/2
Is this correct?
Stu
pierre_pierre
Grafter

if the move is done correctly you should not loose your number, its just them playing silly
stujbyron
Dabbler

in all honesty i dont mind loosing the number
i made sure i took her name and said if there is any problems either end then I will get Plusnet or BT Provisioning to ask for her likewise if there are any excessive charges I will ask for her to sort it.
Hopefuly this will getsorted this time around and I dont need a new line install