Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating from BT

cameron
Grafter

Re: Migrating from BT

Thank you for your phone call.
I was upset when BT told me I was still a BT customer and I have to pay their bill.

I had applied for a package for broadband and line rental with plusnet but the line rental did not go through and I did not realise that until BT told me.
Direct debits were made paying for broadband so the direct debit was working but apparently something has gone wrong with it very recently.
But the line rental with plusnet never went through and I am having to pay BT bills.
Do I have to change?  Am I bound by some agreement with plusnet on this?
Now my direct debit account has self destructed.
I have been happy with the broadband so I would want to keep that if possible
Apparently fixing the direct debit is no big deal.
I do not know what the problem was with the line rental but apparently that could now be fixed in a couple of weeks,
You appear to expect me to  greet that as good news.
This may appear ungracious of me but if I do have a choice I would now prefer to stay with BT
Cameron

James
Grafter

Hiya,
The Direct Debit was cancelled.  This could have been a problem with the initial setup, like entering an incorrect number or something along those lines.
There's no obligation on your part to take Home Phone with us if you don't want to, but I'm sure there was a reason for doing so in the first place, has that now changed?
You can of course, continue to receive your broadband services through ourselves, which will continue to be paid via your card.
cameron
Grafter

The direct debit is set up for regular payments.  No one appears to have informed me of a problem with them or that there had been a cancellation or rejection of the direct debit. 
The card details were required for a one off payment.
I assumed ,wrongly ,that the direct debit was being used for payments after that one initial payment.
In fact the direct debit had not been established  and plusnet is taking, and apparently intends to go on taking, payment  from my card.
You yourself are saying this on the forum.
Cameron.
James
Grafter

Yes, that is correct.
paulby
Grafter

But they also asked you to resubmit your details so that they could take payment by DD -
Quote from: Jameseh
I just need you to resubmit the DD request via your account.

You can do this here.  Once you have an active DD, payment will be taken from there and not your card.  (It'll also allow the home phone order to proceed if you still want it to.)

cameron
Grafter

In a bizarre twist to this tortuous tale one of the staff has produced an email which was sent me but obviously got lost  telling me that the bank had refused the direct debit - which was the last thing I would have expected them to do.
Unfortunately that has only just emerged. The details were left on my account without any indication of their failure.
I will have to ask the bank what went wrong .
I have only just learnt this so am shocked but it is only fiar to put this info on the forum without delay
Cameron