Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrated calls and rental to Plusnet on 5th February and BT sill charging me

Gazzertron
Dabbler

Migrated calls and rental to Plusnet on 5th February and BT sill charging me

Hello,
BT are still charging me for calls and line rental despite migrating to Plusnet on the 5th of February (I didnt notice as my account was in credit).
I contacted BT to ask why,  they said they are still charging me as Plusnet has not informed them that the line has been ported over and I need to speak to them.
So since February I have been paying both BT and Plusnet for line rental and calls package on the same line, how do I get this mess sorted?
Regards
Gary
11 REPLIES 11
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Migrated calls and rental to Plusnet on 5th February and BT sill charging me

Hi Gary,
I can see that you have been in-touch with our support team, was the useful for you?
Gazzertron
Dabbler

Re: Migrated calls and rental to Plusnet on 5th February and BT sill charging me

Hello Chris,
yes after the 5th call to BT they have agreed that Plusnet indeed have my line rental and calls from the 5th of February, they said it must be due to a system error and have passed this to their data integrity team whom should be able to resolve this.
On one of the calls to BT a supervisor told me that it was not possible to migrate to Plusnet from BT and keep my number!
Gary
Gazzertron
Dabbler

Update
Well nearly two weeks later and BT charge me again for monthly rental, Unlimited Evening and Weekend calls, BT Answer 1571 & BT Privacy at Home - Caller Display.
Another phone call to BT, 'I can't contact the data integrity team as they are an off line team, I'll email them and they will respond within 5 days' = same fob off last time.
Has anyone got any ideas how to get BT to fix this?
Is it worth guessing Micheal Rakes email address, or would it be better to try the chief executive Gavin Patterson.
Has anyone ever had this sort of catch 22?
Any help/ideas appreciated
Gary
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Are you paying BT by Direct Debit? If so use the DD guarantee and cancel the DD mandate with the bank.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Gazzertron
Dabbler

Hello Jelv,
yes I pay by direct debit, BT have taken out 5 monthly payments (I missed them initially as my account was in credit), that adds up to over £100 and I want this back.
I was advised by a friend not to stop the direct debit as we would then be in the position of having black marks due to default put on our credit record and getting these removed is not simple or 'free', catch 22 again.
Still Plusnet are owned by BT so the same company is charging me twice for exactly the same thing, it smarts and I have remained calm but the heat is rising!
Gary
picbits
Rising Star

BT and Plusnet are not the same company - they are owned by the same parent company but they have no access to each others billing / customer information.
*Edit - but yes, it stinks that BT are screwing you over !
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

If you email Gavin Patterson it should be redirected if appropriate. You can find his email address on CEOemail.com. Try here if you are stuck.
David
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It might help to give BT Retail to BT Openreach order reference which is 5-5-33332517576 and completed 05/02/14 01:56:00. I hope they get this sorted quickly for you.
Gazzertron
Dabbler

Thanks spraxyt most helpful!
Ben, BT seem to realize that I have migrated but seem unable to rectify the situation, I've been promised a call back within 24 to 48 hours 24 of which have expired Smiley
I live in hope
Gary
greyposter46
Dabbler

Did you get any positive results after all this ?
Gazzertron
Dabbler

Greyposter,
yes after yet another call to BT and saying (shouting) 'complaint' to the voice recognition system (then billing) I got through to someone from the customer resolution team. I kept my cool but he realised that I was not a happy bunny, Trevor sorted it all out on that call, got a text message saying that I was to be refunded £100+ and now have a final bill with the same in credit. I am hoping for the money to be in my bank shortly. It has been a right palaver and should not have taken so many calls or my time.
Gary