cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Madasafish Talk billing query

colbrad
Grafter

Madasafish Talk billing query

Just looking at my bill and the Call charge part isn't making sense to me, I rarely use the landline phone for outgoing calls yet it shows £11.42. Where do I find the itemised details, My Account says what looks like £1.73 calls made yet the bill...
* Call charge for the period to 03/01/2010 (including £0.03 Favourite Five discount) - £11.42
* Madasafish Home Phone - Talk product charge for the period 03-01-2010 to 02-02-2010 - £9.57

5 REPLIES 5
Mand
Grafter

Re: Madasafish Talk billing query

Hi there,
The call charges are more expensive this month as, like a few customers here at the moment, you haven't been charged for calls since August.
If you look at previous itemised bills from August to now you'll see that the totals come to the amount you've been charged this month.
Sorry for any confusion caused.
colbrad
Grafter

Quote from: Mand
Hi there,
The call charges are more expensive this month as, like a few customers here at the moment, you haven't been charged for calls since August.
If you look at previous itemised bills from August to now you'll see that the totals come to the amount you've been charged this month.
Sorry for any confusion caused.

thanks for the reply Mand, seems to make sense mathematically except for one thing. Would I be right in thinking that I've been charged the 17.5% rate of VAT on the calls I made from September '09 - December '09 instead of the 15% rate that VAT was until 31st December 2009, seems unfair when this is an error on the system billing. I'm sure it will be only a small amount but there is a principal here and I'm sure there are other customers that this will have affected more so.
Mand
Grafter

No, you were charged the lower rate. We only updated the VAT rate on calls last night (for this reason and because some of the notifications of changes went out a little later than the 1st of December).
colbrad
Grafter

Quote from: Mand
No, you were charged the lower rate. We only updated the VAT rate on calls last night (for this reason and because some of the notifications of changes went out a little later than the 1st of December).

I beg to differ on the VAT rate, my invoice clearly says
Subtotal excluding VAT £41.31
VAT @ 17.50% £7.23
Total Amount Due £48.54
Mand
Grafter

That's correct for the subscription (hence the rate on the invoice being changed). But we only made the changes within our call processing systems yesterday evening.