Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of dial tone

Dilly
Grafter
Fixes: 2

Loss of dial tone

Similar to the earlier post from John (nibbles), having used my phone this morning I have now lost the dial tone and cannot make or receive calls. I have raised a report which presumably is being looked into (103275742) but following a line check I'm told no fault was found. I have carried out the suggested checks, ie: plugged the phone directly into the test socket, with no result, and subsequently did the same  with a second phone, again with no result. I can only imagine it to be the same problem as that which caused the long delay in getting me set up back in early March.
4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Loss of dial tone

Hi Dilly,
Sorry to hear about the problem with your line.
It can sometimes be the case that automated tests don't pick up on an obvious reason for such a fault.
I've just picked this up and reported the fault for you, please take a look at your ticket for further detail.
I hope to see this resolved soon for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Dilly
Grafter

Hello Adam,
Yes, I've just read your response but find it ludicrous that I may have to wait six days before a possible restoration of my phone line. As an elderly widow, I rely heavily on my phone for contact with my sons and their children who live in other parts of the country. Please tell me I haven't made a big mistake transferring to Plusnet from BT only a month ago?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Dilly,
Just to clarify we do usually receive a response before the estimated response time I updated you with on the ticket.
In fact we've already had an update to say that our suppliers have identified the location of the fault so work should begin to restore your line soon.
Faults can occur at any time to anyone but we do appreciate the inconvenience to you. We'll make sure you're refunded for the time without service as soon as this has been resolved.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Dilly
Grafter

Thank you, Adam. 
I appreciate your early reply and hope that the problem will be resolved quickly.