cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking to join Plusnet Home Phone from BT. Do I have to advise BT ?

martinrowe
Grafter

Looking to join Plusnet Home Phone from BT. Do I have to advise BT ?

If I move my home phone to Plusnet do they advise BT they are taking over the line or do I have to cancel it myself ?
Together with Plusnet Extra broadband this seems like a good price as I am in a Market 3 exchange.
Are people on here happy with Plusnet Phone ?
9 REPLIES 9
JymboP

Re: Looking to join Plusnet Home Phone from BT. Do I have to advise BT ?

PlusNet advise BT. BT will then send a postal letter telling you about the move.
I did this a month ago and it was pain free.
martinrowe
Grafter

Thanks. I rang Plusnet and the support person said I had to advise BT.
I wanted to be clear what I had to do as she seemed a bit unsure.
Are you happy with your plusnet phone line ?
adie:quote
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Hi
I did the same as Jymbo a couple of years ago, and didn't have a problem... except for the monthly mail from BT telling me how much I could be saving if I went back to them (even though the prices they give are higher than what I pay now!).
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

reserved
Grafter

Quote from: martinrowe
Are people on here happy with Plusnet Phone ?

I've had PN Talk  Anytime for a while now without any problems. If you have a look at some other threads on this forum some people seem to have problems with billing etc.
My only critisism is that "recent calls" in the Member Centre is a bit slow in updating but that supposed to be resolved somewhen!
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I wouldn't advise BT until the transfer had completed. That way there's no chance of a BT muppet terminating your line which would give you a whole lot of grief (and expense)!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
ChemicalBrother
Grafter

I moved my landline over to PN some time ago and it was a seamless transition at the time and date they said they would. I've only had one issue with the billing and that was resolved straight away.
All the services that PN provide are pretty much one and the same products that BT Supply in terms of caller display, 1471, 1571, call diversion, etc
And the bonus of it all is one bill every month, you know what you are paying and when, and none of this stupid budget plan that BT seem to impose (or did when I was a BT customer)
Edit: To clarify - I didn't inform BT at all, Plusnet took care of the whole thing and I didn't have to do a thing!
pierre_pierre
Grafter

All the services that PN provide are pretty much one and the same products that BT Supply in terms of caller display, 1471, 1571, call diversion, etc

but are chaegable extras for 1571 and Caller display, can be a packet which is cheaper
https://portal.plus.net/plustalk/index.php?page=wlr_add_call_features
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
BT will be notified during the transfer process (our suppliers handle this).
I always recommend speaking to BT *after* the transfer is completed, to ensure they close down the account and send you a refund (you pay in advance so there's usually a refund due).
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

When I migrated to Plusnet I did not tell BT in advance. The transition was smooth except BT added to my account the refund of the unused part line charge that I had paid for in advance. I had to ring them to get the credit balance on the account paid to me. I then got monthly emails from them billing me for £0.00 that only stopped after I complained for a second time.
Be aware that some additional services that BT supplied free (e.g. caller display with the Privacy Option) may be chargeable with Plusnet.
Some other BT options (e.g. a configurable call-barring service) are not offered at all by Plusnet.