cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long wait for a phone line. Now 3 months

cazbox
Dabbler

Long wait for a phone line. Now 3 months

We have been waiting for our line to be reconnected to the exchange for 3 months and now we have just been told it now won't be done until 24th of January!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is not on.
Here is a nice back story of what has happened to us over the last few months. I've pasted all the responses and reasons for the delays. Just to say the first house move request was lost a week before this one below was sent. I was also able to talk to the engineer that visited on the 28th of November who filled me in on what was happening at OpenReach.
This is what he told me had happened roughly and he was WAY more helpful.
Week 1: We moved house
Week 2: Pair divert order placed
Week 3: Pair divert FAILED. Order sent to planing team to have a new cable to the pole.
Week 4: Planning team said no to the job order. Engineers had to come up with a new plan.
Week 5: They looked at doing a DACS which i was told is not advised now.
Week 6: We had our landlords line after an engineer was sent out to repair our landline????Huh
Week 7: Two engineers turned up, one was a third party and wanted to connect a new line and a proper OpenReach, he was the best.
He said that this was a mess, he tested our line and said nothing was there then checked ALL the poles near by just incase our line is there but no luck. He said it would have to be sent back to the planning department and said that they would have to dig up the road or DACS two other landlines to free up one. DACS is not advised because it stops those lines from having broadband.
We were told by plusnet we have been escalated about 3 time if not more and they were talking to management at OpenReach and they did but it seems they aren't now. Best of all we are STILL paying for the phone line and broadband. My girlfriend (Miss Farrell) wants to talk to here mother at christmas who moved to Australia on oovoo (like Skype) but we can't and as a result this has really upset her. The last time she talked to her was before we moved in OCTOBER!!!!!!
I hope this will shine a light on the mess we have had to put up with.
Here is all the Coms with plusnet.
[mremoved] - Sales & COT Analyst
12:14pm, Thursday 11 Oct 2012
Dear Miss Farrell,
Thank you for calling in today and requesting a housemove. The information below is what we will use to stay in contact with you and to place your order for the move of service.
Please if you get a chance can you check and confirm the details below.
If anything is incorrect please ensure you let us know as soon as possible so we can ensure everything is completed without problems.
New Address: *************, Norwich, Norfolk, ************, United Kingdom
Keep existing number: new
Move date:13/10/12
Cease date: 13/10/12
Your estimated speed is: 2mb
Fee deferred over 12 months/Pay Upfront: Deferred
Contact Number: **********
Line status at new property: SURVEY - Please call on mobile for update
Please be aware, if there is no line or connected telephone socket at your property, we will be required to send an engineer out to your property to install a new line. There is a charge of £49.99 for this and we will be able to confirm this for you shortly along with an appointment date if needed.
When we move your broadband we have to pay our suppliers a total of £65 in charges. This is broken down to £25 for the termination of your broadband, and £40 to activate it on a new number. We are more than happy to cover the cost of your house move, so long as you keep your account open for the next 12 months. If you prefer, you can elect to pay the fee up front from a valid credit or debit card.
We do have a help and support page that may prove to be of some use to you.
You can find this here:
http://www.plus.net/support/customer_service/moving_guide.shtml
Kind regards,
[mremoved][Notification sent to: *********]

12:15pm, Thursday 11 Oct 2012
INTERNAL
Ceased booked for 15/10/12 OR0000002199254
awaiting results form survey please contact the customer with Install date on ***********
Kind regards,
[mremoved]

[mremoved]- Sales & COT Analyst
12:16pm, Thursday 11 Oct 2012
The next action on your Help Assistant Question is due on Monday 15th October at 7:00am. This Question will remain open with the BOT - House Moves until this time.
Kind regards,
[mremoved]

12:19pm, Thursday 11 Oct 2012
The Question 60887984 has been released from hold and sent back to BOT - House Moves
****IF INSTALLATION REQUIRED PLEASE DO FREE OF CHARGE AS RETENTION DEAL****
Kind regards,
[mremoved]

12:19pm, Thursday 11 Oct 2012
The next action on your Help Assistant Question is due on Monday 15th October at 7:00am. This Question will remain open with the BOT - House Moves until this time.
Kind regards,
[mremoved]

4:33pm, Tuesday 16 Oct 2012
Dear Miss Farrell,
I am escalating this ticket to the correct work flow.
Kind regards,
[mremoved]

[mremoved] - CSC Analyst
4:39pm, Tuesday 16 Oct 2012
Dear Miss Farrell,
As per our conversation, we have in place an order to provide phone and broadband at your new address.
Your engineer's appointment has not yet been booked as a survey is required. I will place this ticket on hold for a further few days to make sure a date is committed to by our suppliers. Thank you very much for your patience in this matter.
Phone ref: ******
Provisional number: ******
We have also placed a simultaneous broadband order to complete within 48 hours of your phone line activation.
Broadband ref: ********
SIM ref: *******
These types of orders can fail on occasion. If that is the case we will be in touch and your order for the broadband will be submitted once your phone line is active. This will then take a further 7 - 10 days to complete.
Please ensure that you are available at the premises during the above time frame to allow the engineer access to the property.
If the appointment is missed you will be charged £49.99 to rebook the appointment.
Should you wish to reschedule the appointment please contact us 2 working days advance of the appointment date on 0800 432 0200 or on 0345 140 0200.
The next action on your Help Assistant Question is due on Friday 19th October at 7:00am. This Question will remain open with the BOT - House Moves NLI until this time.
Kind regards,
[mremoved]

[mremoved] - CSC Analyst
6:11pm, Friday 19 Oct 2012
Dear Miss Farrell,
As per our conversation, our suppliers are working on a pair divert which should hopefully be done by next week. We'll keep an eye on the order and advise when we have any further updates.
Should you have any problems then please give us a call on 0800 432 0200 or on 0345 140 0200 or you can raise a ticket http://contactus.plus.net.
The next action on your Help Assistant Question is due on Wednesday 24th October at 7:00am. This Question will remain open with the BOT - House Moves NLI until this time.
Kind regards,
[mremoved]

[mremoved] - CSC Analyst
3:01pm, Wednesday 24 Oct 2012
Dear Miss Farrell,
As per voice-mail.
I have contacted our suppliers regarding the phone order. They have advised me that The order is with the correct team and they will start work by the 29/10/12. I will place this ticket on hold until then so that we can monitor this for you.
Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://contactus.plus.net or by phone on 0800 432 0200 if we can be of further assistance.
The next action on your Help Assistant Question is due on Monday 29th October at 7:00am. This Question will remain open with the BOT - House Moves NLI until this time.
Kind regards,
[mremoved]
*INTERNAL*
Engineer will be assigned 7 days prior to provisional appointment.

[mremoved]- CSC Analyst
12:21pm, Monday 29 Oct 2012
Dear Miss Farrell,
As per our conversation, I have spoken to our suppliers in regard to the delay in your order and I have been advised that the work required should be completed by 06/11/2012 and we should then have another update and hopefully an engineers appointment for you. I am placing your ticket on hold until this date to monitor the progress of your order for you.
Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://contactus.plus.net or by phone on 0800 432 0200 if we can be of further assistance.
The next action on your Help Assistant Question is due on Tuesday 6th November at 7:00am. This Question will remain open with the BOT - House Moves NLI until this time.
Kind regards,
[mremoved]
*******internal******
Please refund downtime once completed.

[mremoved] CSC Analyst
5:04pm, Tuesday 6 Nov 2012
Dear Miss Farrell,
As per my voicemail message, I have spoke with the suppliers and we are still awaiting an update that the external work has been completed so we will check back tomorrow for you.
Hopefully we should have a clearer idea and timescale for the engineers visit, we appreciate your patience in this matter.
The next action on your Help Assistant Question is due on Wednesday 7th November at 7:00am. This Question will remain open with the BOT - House Moves NLI until this time.
Kind regards,
[mremoved]
*******internal******
Please refund downtime once completed.
[mremoved]- CSC Analyst
7:14pm, Wednesday 7 Nov 2012
Dear Miss Farrell,
Thank you for your call today.
As per our conversation, your order is still with the Planning Team and they have requested that we contact them on the 9/11/12 for further update in their progress.
We will continue to monitor this for you and we thank you for your patience.

The next action on your Help Assistant Question is due on Friday 9th November at 7:00am. This Question will remain open with the BOT - House Moves NLI until this time.
Kind regards,
[mremoved]
***internal***
Please call work number ******* between 9-5 hours.

[mremoved]- CSC Analyst
6:24pm, Friday 9 Nov 2012
Dear Miss Farrell,
As per our conversation, I have spoken to the suppliers and the job is now with planning to complete the pair diverts. We cannot obtain an update for you in regard top this order until Monday as the relevant departments do not work at the weekend. I am placing your ticket on hold until Monday 12/11/2012.
The next action on your Help Assistant Question is due on Monday 12th November at 7:00am. This Question will remain open with the BOT - House Moves NLI until this time.
Kind regards,
[mremoved]
******internal******
Please call ******* between 9-5 hours.

[mremoved]- CSC Analyst
6:52pm, Tuesday 13 Nov 2012
Dear Miss Farrell,
As per our conversation, the department I need to contact are unavailable to ticket, we have raised an escalation to progress the job and I will pick this up in the morning when the department is open again.
The next action on your Help Assistant Question is due on Wednesday 14th November at 7:00am. This Question will remain open with the BOT - House Moves NLI until this time.
Kind regards,
[mremoved]
**INTERNAL**
Work number *********

[mremoved]- CSC Analyst
5:56pm, Wednesday 14 Nov 2012
Dear Miss Farrell,
I tried to call you today but could not get through.
Our suppliers have now completed one of the activities on your order; however, they have advised that the job is now with the Line Plant Survey team and the next update is available on the 21/11/2012.
I have told them this is is unacceptable, as we have been told various different review dates already. Therefore, they have sent an email to the Line Plant Survey team to try to get this completed earlier.
The next action on your Help Assistant Question is due on Thursday 15th November at 7:00am. This Question will remain open with the BOT - House Moves NLI until this time.
Kind regards,
[mremoved]

[mremoved] CSC Analyst
3:30pm, Saturday 17 Nov 2012
Dear Miss Farrell,
As per my voicemail message, our suppliers have advised us that their surveying engineers can see that there is no connection to the distribution point from your property.
They will therefore need to conduct some cabling work to connect the property to the exchange. We have been advised that further updates will be available by late Tuesday.
We will contact you once we have any further information.
If you have any problems or concerns then please reply to this ticket at
http://contactus.plus.net or you can give us a call on 0800 432 0200 or on 0345 140 0200.
The next action on your Help Assistant Question is due on Tuesday 20th November at 7:00am. This Question will remain open with the BOT - House Moves NLI until this time.
Kind regards,
[mremoved]

[mremoved] CSC Analyst
4:13pm, Wednesday 21 Nov 2012
Dear Miss Farrell,
As per my voicemail, I have spoken to our suppliers and they have advised that a faults engineer will be assigned tomorrow to go out to your area to determine what work would be required.
We will call you once we have the next update.
Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://contactus.plus.net or by phone on 0800 432 0200 and 0345 140 0200 if we can be of further assistance.
The next action on your Help Assistant Question is due on Friday 23rd November at 7:00am. This Question will remain open with the BOT - House Moves NLI until this time.
Kind regards,
[mremoved]

[mremoved]- CSC Analyst
5:56pm, Thursday 22 Nov 2012
The Question 60887984 has been released from hold and sent back to BOT - House Moves NLI
Dear Miss Farrell,
I am commenting on this ticket to release it.
Kind regards,
[mremoved]

[mremoved]- CSC Analyst
6:02pm, Thursday 22 Nov 2012
Dear Miss Farrell,
As per my voice-mail.
Our suppliers have confirmed that the work scheduled for today has been completed and the job has now been progressed to the Fluidity team. There should be an update from this team tomorrow. We apologise that your landlord's line has apparently been affected by our suppliers work today.
The next action on your Help Assistant Question is due on Friday 23rd November at 7:00am. This Question will remain open with the BOT - House Moves NLI until this time.
Kind regards,
[mremoved]

[mremoved] - CSC Analyst
6:40pm, Thursday 22 Nov 2012
The Question 60887984 has been released from hold and sent back to BOT - House Moves NLI
Commenting to release.
Kind regards,
[mremoved]

[mremoved]- CSC Analyst
6:49pm, Thursday 22 Nov 2012
Dear Miss Farrell,
As per our conversation, as Openreach engineer has gone out today and connected your landlord's line to your property with the number *********.
This number should be registered to his business address as ******.
We apologise for this error, and we will contact our suppliers again tomorrow once the department is open that can deal with this mistake. A faults engineer needs to reconnect this to the correct property as soon as possible.
We will contact you once we have got through to them.
Thank you for your patience with this matter.
http://contactus.plus.net or you can give us a call on 0800 432 0200 or on 0345 140 0200.
Kind regards,
[mremoved]
**INTERNAL**
call on **********.

[mremoved] - CSC Analyst
2:53pm, Friday 23 Nov 2012
Dear Miss Farrell,
Escalating to personal pool.
Kind regards,
[mremoved]

[mremoved]- CSC Analyst
3:19pm, Friday 23 Nov 2012
Dear Miss Farrell,
As per our conversation, we have spoken to our suppliers at length about the mistake made by the Openreach engineer.
Unfortunately, they are unable to send anyone out to fix this issue until the 28/11/12 between 8am and 1pm. They will let us know however if there is anyone available to do this any sooner.
We will contact you if we hear anything more about this issue.
Kind regards,
[mremoved]

[mremoved] CSC Analyst
5:26pm, Wednesday 28 Nov 2012
Dear Miss Farrell,
As per my voicemail message, our suppliers have advised us that your landlord will need to raise a fault in order to have his line reconnected to the correct address.
We will contact you on Friday with further updates on your order, as Openreach's surveying team is currently assessing what further work needs to be completed.
Kind regards,
[mremoved]

[mremoved]
[mremoved] - CSC Analyst
7:50pm, Friday 30 Nov 2012
Dear Miss Farrell,
As per our conversation, I have contacted our suppliers today in regards to the delay with your order.
They have advised that they are still in the process of conducting the survey to assess what further work is required to provision your line.
They have requested that we contact them on the 4/12/12 for further update on their progress.
We will continue to monitor this for you and we thank you for your patience.
The next action on your Help Assistant Question is due on Tuesday 4th December at 7:00am. This Question will remain open with the CSC Analyst until this time.
Kind regards,
[mremoved]

[mremoved]- CSC Analyst
7:04pm, Tuesday 4 Dec 2012
Dear Miss Farrell,
As per our conversation,
Your engineer appointment has been confirmed for 08/01/13 between 8 am and 1pm.
Please call us on 0800 432 0200 at least 2 working days in advance of the appointment if you are unable to make it. If you miss the appointment a further £49.99 will be due before we can book another one.
The next action on your Help Assistant Question is due on Tuesday 18th December at 7:00am. This Question will remain open with the CSC Analyst until this time.
Kind regards,
[mremoved]

[mremoved] - CSC Analyst
7:57pm, Tuesday 4 Dec 2012
The Question 60887984 has been released from hold and sent back to CSC Analyst
Dear Miss Farrell,
As per our conversation,
I can only apologise for the delays and the extra work that has been needed. As discussed our suppliers have not resolved the problem with the spare pairs. i have now raised an escalation and shall contact you to let you know the progress.
Should you have any problems then please give us a call on 0800 432 0200 or on 0345 140 0200 or you can raise a ticket http://contactus.plus.net.
Kind regards,
[mremoved]

[mremoved] - CSC Analyst
3:20pm, Wednesday 5 Dec 2012
Dear Miss Farrell,
As per our conversation,
We are sill monitoring for further updates on escalation *******.
Kind regards,
[mremoved]

[mremoved] - CSC Analyst
5:09pm, Wednesday 5 Dec 2012
Dear Miss Farrell,
As per my voicemail message, our suppliers have accepted our escalation and will assign an escalation handler within the next 24 working hours.
We will contact you once we have any further information.
Kind regards,
[mremoved]

[mremoved] - CSC Analyst
3:49pm, Friday 7 Dec 2012
Dear Miss Farrell,
As per my voice message, the soonest we are able to book an engineer appointment for is the 24/1/2013 between 8am and 1pm. As per my message this is because there is still extra cabling work that will need to be completed before the instal can go ahead.
Kind regards,
[mremoved]
jim:csa
16 REPLIES 16
henbane
Grafter

Re: Long wait for a phone line. Now 3 months

Good God ~ what a mess.  And I thought I had problems. You would think when openreach connected the wrong lines they would be back the next day to fix.. Horrendous. Roll_eyes  You have my sympathy.
When my landline went down due to a storm affecting the connection on the telegraph pole a few weeks back I found a "sambamobile" SIM very useful. It runs on the three network and gave me a good internet connection that I could use to go online and report my landline faults. If you watch adverts you can even earn credit instead of buying it..
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

OpenReach seem to be totally impervious to any normal application of pressure. I would suggest contacting the local press to see if they will run the story. The angle of your girlfriend not being able to speak to her mother might make them interested.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
cazbox
Dabbler

Love the idea going to media just for a phone line  Tongue
I've noticed they have removed the names but no one has offered any compensation for a 4 month wait. Not even a refund for the months we have paid. I wonder what Which would think of this.
We have just had to get a mobile broadband deal just to start sorting out a lot of the bits that need the internet. At least my girlfriend can call her mum at Christmas. I think her mum got her furniture to Australia quicker than us getting a phone line.  Angry
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi cazbox,
Sorry to see this is taking so long to resolve. I've been through the notes and can see that we're in a position to get this resolved but not in a very timely manner.
I'm going to see if there's anything I can do to get this brought forward, I'll keep you up-to-date along the way.
I've also refunded your two previous bills, this will take up-to 10days to process into your account.
Chris
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

We're chasing this with our suppliers and are awaiting an update, Jessica has also left you a voicemail to advise this and your ticket has been updated.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi cazbox,
We are still pushing for an earlier date and are awaiting their response.
This was their last response which we have tried to escalate since.
"There is cable and duct work to be completed which has been raised for the contractors to do and they have offered the best date they can offer for this work to be completed.
I do understand that this is a long period of time but this is down to the time of year and the fact that we have had very bad weather recently which has made a lot of faults, as faults take priority over provision the jobs that have been delayed in order to complete faults have formed an orderly queue and this has made timescales become more lengthy at this time."
As soon as we have a further update I'll let you know.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 94

Chris,
A question... at what point does a failure to correctly provision become a fault and therefore take a higher priority over a straight provision?
There's a lot of detail in here, though it reads as though BTOR did provision the circuit but either it did not work or they got the wrong connection.  Surely at that point this became a fault (their fault) - and thus has a higher priority than a straight provision?

Suggest that this thread is moved to a new forum - "BTOR - Trials and Tribulations"
Cheers,
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

We're pushing for this to be brought forward on that basis and the fact that is too long either way.
cazbox
Dabbler

All the plastic tubes are down and ready to go! All we need is just a engineer with some wire to just connect us up. I would say it is mornings work. Why on earth are they saying we had bad weather? It not a bad winter at the moment and the wind has not been that bad.
just get an engineer out and we would be done before Christmas.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi,
Jess is working on getting this brought forward and is chasing this up everyday, she's doing her utmost to get this brought forward and will keep you updated, sorry for the wait.
Chris
AlaricAdair
Champion

Cazbox - this organisational chaos and procedural failure is outrageous. Can I suggest you visit www.ceoemail.com to obtain the email address of the BT CEO and send him a polite and measured summary time line of events. The man himself is unlikely to answer directly, it will be handled by a PA. I dread to think how much resource the organisational factions within BT have wasted on this episode rather than get it right first time, let alone the inconvenience to you.
Openreach seems to have got worse recently, bring back the GPO!
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

At least you won't have to wait this long for something far more essential (I hope)!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
cazbox
Dabbler

Well Christmas has been and gone and still no phone line!!!! The road works have been done for weeks now an we are being told the same thing. "Please be advised we shall continue to monitor your order." What does that mean?????? Is it just checking the openreach portal to see if the computer says yes??????
I will give the CEO a nice email in the next few days if we are told the same thing as Plusnet don't seam to want to call anyone to drive this home.
Oh and a hope we don't have to wait 30 years  Crazy
I've attached some pics of the road works that have been done now for over a week now.
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B5dYTsEVxrJoZFBGQW5vbzdKR2c
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B5dYTsEVxrJoWG5mSl9JdDJUcjg
Lets hope for better New Year.
blahblahblah
Not applicable

I had a similar issue from Oct 2012 to Jan 2013. Each time I had to make another appointment weeks away, at each appointment an engineer called and came up with some excuse as to why they could not complete the order. Then a few days later I get a message from PN telling me the problem had been fixed, another appointment, another excuse, and another fixed message....you get the idea.
O.K. PN cannot force Openreach or their contractors to perform the service they are being asked to carry out.
What annoyed me was that PN have no teeth, they have no service level agreement whereby if Openreach do not supply the service agreed within a reasonable timescale, then they should pay a forfeit, paid per day beyond the agreed supply date. This would serve to focus Openreach to fulfill the order on time, and money could be paid to the disgruntled customer to ease their pain.