Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long response time to service request

Racalman
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Long response time to service request

Shortly after my phone service started on 5th February I asked for the 1571 service to be removed.
This was actioned promptly but it's still shown on my account as pending so I can't make any other changes to my phone service.
I raised a support request and was told it would be cleared in "in 24 hours" but after many weeks and several reminders from me nothing has happened.
Why is this taking so long to sort out?
8 REPLIES 8
KK
Grafter

Re: Long response time to service request

Quote from: Racalman
Why is this taking so long to sort out?

It's because callcentre people appear to be poorly trained, completely unsupervised., and have lost the will to try to deal effectively with their employer's customers' queries.
Even on this forum, it is commonplace for different PlusNet employees to give different 'interpretations' of the reasons for PlusNet's failures.
Racalman
Grafter

That's a pity, because everything else is working just fine. I want to add more phone services (= more money for plusnet) but they don't seem interested.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Racalman,
Sorry to hear you're not able to add any features due to the stuck order to remove Voicemail.
I've asked one of my colleagues to take a look into this. Once they get back to me I'll update you with any further information.
Racalman
Grafter

Thank you Linn.
Fingers crossed ...
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That should now be resolved for you Racalman. In order for it to be done we've had to remove your phone component and then re-add it which has caused the system to bill you for any call charges up to date, hence the request for payment. I hope this isn't an inconvenience.
I can now confirm that you should be able to remove/add any call features.
Racalman
Grafter

Linn
Thank you for your help and your prompt response  Smiley but ...
I can see that Caller Display is now listed as active on my account, but it's not working.
I have a compatible phone and when I dial #234# I hear "callers' identities will not be displayed".
What's causing this?
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Try dialling *234# (asterisk as first character). That should enable Caller Display when the service is active on the line.
David
Racalman
Grafter

Thank you, that worked!  Smiley Smiley Smiley
Are there any other "secret" codes I should know about?