Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long delay for switch over

glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Long delay for switch over

I ordered home phone on the 5th February and my bank was showing a DD set up two days later. Today some 8 days after placing the order I received the following email:-
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What happens now?
We'll now start processing your order for Home Phone, to move your current
service over to PlusNet. This may take up to 2-3 weeks to complete. We'll
email you once we know your move date and again when your new Home Phone
service is ready to use.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now I have to ask how on earth it can take upto a month to switch provders of a telephone service and why does it state 10 days in the QA for home phone?
4 REPLIES 4
James
Grafter

Re: Long delay for switch over

Hi George,
This is a precautionary email more than anything else.
When we place Home Phone orders, we'll go for the earliest asvailable date which is generally anything from 3 working days to two weeks.
As it's an automated email, we wouldn't want you to think that it is going to be set up sooner than it is but we can always confirm when the order is going to be completed once it has been validated by BT.
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
Your Direct Debit was only activated on our system when we received notification from your bank on the 11th Feb.
I can see that there has been a problem transferring your service which you are aware of. I've put the ticket on hold until the transfer can be restarted.
Please do let me know if you have any further questions or issues and I'll be happy to help. Smiley
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Thanks Mand, one of the weird ways BT works I'm afraid. I'm hoping I can get the transfer date brought forward.
Mand
Grafter

They should be able to change it to a standard line for you pretty quickly TBH.
If you comment on the ticket it will be released from hold and sent back to our Provisioning Team, so if you do get it brought forward you just need to add a comment on there.