cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line went dead for 5 mins or so - BT working Inverness?

Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Line went dead for 5 mins or so - BT working Inverness?

As title, my phoneline just came backup, for 5 minutes give or take I had no dialtone at all.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
14 REPLIES 14
Gus
Aspiring Pro

Re: Line went dead for 5 mins or so - BT working Inverness?

Stop doing tests that cause disconnections that is just raising my snr and in turn my IP profile
Thank you for getting back to us. I am sorry to hear of the fault you have raised on your broadband service. The drops you have mentioned were due to my colleagues testing. There may be some other drops around 16:15 today

Would you like it if I disconnected your phone without tell you before it, no you wouldn't
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 16:22:43 +0100
X-PN-Virus-Filtered: by PlusNet MXCore (v5.00)
X-PN-Spam-Filtered: by PlusNet MXCore (v5.00)
Subject: Plusnet - Question has been amended or escalated

The email came After the fact
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

It's about 3½minutes IIRC. Yes, I think that such intrusive tests should not be carried out without warning.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

I appreciate your point and can feedback on the suggestion, I guess that with the vast amounts of testing that we need to do it could slow the whole process down if we required a 'you're OK to test my line now' unless we were to do a simple notification of the testing.
Anotherone
Champion

Actually having read a couple of posts where people have had their calls dropped as a result, perhaps this is an issue that should be pursued with BTw, so the test checks if the line is in use before proceeding. It should be a fairly straight forward software modification, which will of course take BTw forever and a day to resolve!
Gus
Aspiring Pro

Ok PN again seriously and again No warning, I am expecting a phone job interview today stop doing this
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I can't see that anyone has tested your line today, so the disconnection doesn't look like it was caused by us.
*edit*
Sorry, it does look like someone was working on it. I'll add a note to your account asking that we try to contact your first before any more testing that may be intrusive.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Anotherone
Champion

And what about taking this issue up with BTw, Chris?
itsme
Grafter

Talking to some Openreach guys last night in the pub BT are aware of the problem, more to do with the disruption of delivering TV services than phone calls, and working practises are being changed to minimise this.
Anotherone
Champion

That's bloody typical OR isn't it - never mind the phone calls - if the caller gets cut off BT (group) earn another connection fee when they re-dial - also helps to force more people onto inclusive packages they hope Angry   How difficult is it to check for busy tone (using old money) Roll_eyes
itsme
Grafter

Believe Openreach problem is that it's easier for them to detect the phone is in use but harder to tell whether the broadband is being used. Also it's surprising how many phones are left off hook.
Anotherone
Champion

Well the last point is easily checkable if you find the line busy - although does require a human for that task.
Gus
Aspiring Pro

Third time is the charm  Lips_are_sealed  Can one of you with size 10 boots on go to the agent in question and give it a kick up the arse for me
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Gus,
Sorry if this is causing you issues, however have you seen the recent response on ticket 69386876? Fully understand you might be very busy at the moment but I feel it's best to assume that if a fault needs investigating there may be a little further disruption due to testing.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Anotherone
Champion

Why can't they check if he's on the phone first? He has specifically asked, how many different ways does it need spelling out to them? Oh, I apologise, it needs printing on a sheet of A4 and laminating before they'll possibly read it  Roll_eyes