Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line test (phone troubleshooter failed)

FIXED
phirani
Dabbler

Line test (phone troubleshooter failed)

I did a line noise test on my master and test socket, I did this with multiple filters and no filter at around 11am and again 11pm yesterday. During the test I hear a light static noise, as I've never done this test before I'm unsure if this is expected, or if even the slightest static points to a fault. I have a cordless phone and unfortunately I'm unable to retrieve a corded phone for testing purposes. I tried to run trhough the troubleshooter but I just get the oops message, so I was hoping someone here could do a line test for me. Just to clarify, I'm not having any problems actually using my phones, this is about a fault potentially slowing my broadband.

2 REPLIES 2
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Re: Line test (phone troubleshooter failed)

Fix

@phirani Welcome to the forum.  🙂

The troubleshooter will often return the 'Oops' message even though it has actually raised a ticket and the fault has been passed to Openreach.

You can log into your account and check tickets here - https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=search

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
WillF
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 22

Re: Line test (phone troubleshooter failed)

Hi @phirani,

I have checked the account for you to see if anything had been raised as @198kHz mentioned. I've sent you an email along those lines. Feel free to get back in touch!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will
 Plusnet Help Team