Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line rental saver rip off

barnyandpippa
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Line rental saver rip off

I signed up for line rental saver but now I've found an ADDITIONAL charge on my account.
I read the advertising and it says "Line Rental Saver does not provide inclusive calls as standard. ". Fine I thought - it doesn't need to. Line rental saver is applicable to multiple call packages and so inclusive calls are dependent on the package.
I read the Terms and Conditions for line rental saver and condition 4 states:" Line Rental Saver includes no calls as standard for customers who took a phone package on or after 8th May 2013." Again, fine. I don't need Line Rental Saver to include calls, I have those with my package.
Nowhere, as far as I can see, does it say that if you take out line rental saver we will "DELETE YOUR INCLUSIVE CALL OPTIONS AND INCREASE YOUR BILL ACCORDINGLY"
To levy the additional charge a very slimy, dubious interpretation of the conditions and is at the very least disingenuous, more likely immoral and quite probably illegal.
Is anyone else had their monthly call plan bill increased as a result of this way to "Save money on your phone bill"?
3 REPLIES 3
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Re: Line rental saver rip off

@CRT,
Though this is stated on the LRS order journey, people are still failing to see / read it and consequently their expectations are different to reality.
It is time to stop describing packages as BB+Calls if by changing the way the PHONE rental is paid, the call plan "drops off" the PACKAGE.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

barnyandpippa
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

What it says on the sign up journey is "just pay for your call plan"
Happy with that because my call plan costs £0 on my package.
However you argue the finer points of the wording, it certainly doesn't pass the "honest and decent" test.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderator Note
Thread locked in favour of http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,135040.0.html
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine