Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line rental saver renewal - no reminder sent

FIXED
grahamt
Rising Star

Line rental saver renewal - no reminder sent

This is a strange one. My line rental saver expired on 3rd August and I was charged £18.99 for line rental on the bill I received the next day. I should have remembered, but I didn't, so maybe that's fair enough.

However, Plusnet claims it will send a reminder, and I received none. I wondered if LRS had stopped, as new broadband/phone deals now include line rental, but the main site says it should still exist. The only info I could see about renewal was the "we will send you a reminder" message. So I went to a line rental renewal URL I'd bookmarked (https://portal.plus.net/apps/linerental/saver/portal), only to get this message:

You're already signed up for Line Rental Saver.
   This will start from your next billing date.

Clearly something's wrong. One part of the system thinks I've already got LRS and another is charging me for not having it, and no part of the system sent me a reminder. Can anyone here help, or do I need to get on the phone and talk to the 'customer options' team about leaving?

8 REPLIES 8
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 157

Re: Line rental saver renewal - no reminder sent

No LRS still exists.

There have been a handful of cases matchingvwhat you describe. Hopefully a staffer will pick this up soon.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fix

Hi there.

This is odd, we should've sent a reminder to you but I can see we didn't. 

It looks like the LRS component was stuck on your account, I've fixed this for you now.

As a goodwill gesture since we've made a mistake here if you would like to renew your LRS for another year, I'll be happy to refund you the difference in price between the monthly rate of line rental and the effective LRS rate.

Let me know when/if you decide to go ahead and I'll issue you the refund.

[edit]

The LRS payment page should work as normal now too.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
grahamt
Rising Star

Thanks for that very helpful reply, Gandalf. I can confirm that the LRS renewal page is now offering me the opportunity to renew.

I've been out of contract for some time and I'm wondering how LRS would be affected if I were to ring the customer options team and ask about terms for a new contract. Would a new contract offer be an 'all-in' line rental and broadband price and, if so, would it be possible to renew LRS and would the discount be the same?

I guess I should talk to them and see what they say, and I will, An answer here might be helpful to other people, though.

I'll certainly let you know soon whether I want to renew my LRS. I'll send you a direct message.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems.

Yeah if you want to commit to a new minimum term I'd recommend giving our customer options guys a call on 0800 013 2632. While you see line rental "inclusive" online, it's just how we display it on our homepage due to ASA regulations.

For example, the new customer introductory inclusive offer of £19.99 is essentially still £18.99 line rental and £1 broadband, unless line rental saver is paid which means the monthly cost is £1.

If you renew line rental saver then you'll still be paying the standard cost of your broadband package; for Unlimited it's £10.99, Unlimited Fibre it's £15.99, Unlimited Fibre Extra it's £20.99. Calling customer options to renew your contract will mean we'll give you a discount against your fibre package. Smiley

I hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
grahamt
Rising Star

Thanks a lot. That's clear and very useful. I'll get back to you after I've spoken to them.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems at all

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
grahamt
Rising Star

All sorted now. Thanks once again to Gandalf for fixing everything.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems at all Graham. Always happy to help.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet