Fixes: 63

Re: Line rental rant

Nope because I have a chunk of LRS left - just waiting for the next price hike
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Quote from: itsme
Are you sure? Prepayment meters have a facility to deduct a weekly standing charge.

TBH, I haven't a clue, that may vary with the supplier, most AFAIK include it in the unit cost.
BUT this thread is going wildly off-topic with this, we are in Home Phone not chit-chat.
Quote from: Oldjim
Nope because I have a chunk of LRS left - just waiting for the next price hike

Oh yes, forgot that. I'm still considering what to do.
Apprentice
Grafter

Oh yes, forgot that. I'm still considering what to do

Same here have to decide and renew by tomorrow at £155.88 to avoid the LRS increases, current LRS (£131.88) ends middle of November.  Undecided
Apprentice
Grafter

Renewed LRS with PN, next month the BB contract comes to an end ....... decisions, decisions, decisions.
Surfer
Grafter

Quote from: DSearleUK
Why is Business line rental only £10.50 whereas Residential line rental is £15.95? In fact why do we pay line rental at all?
I have an electricity supply but I do not rent the cable to my house. I have cellphone but do not pay line rental. I have a water supply but I do not rent the pipe to my home. These things are part of the infrastructure of the provider. Line rental is akin to price fixing and there is no competition here. Who will be the first to abolish this outdated and extortionate charge?

You do rent the electric cable to your house which is why you pay a standing charge.  In addition, at time of installation, you woudl have had to pay the distribution company a sum of money to install it.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Great idea - no line rental and the consumer has to pay for fixing faults between the DP and the premises themslves! Tongue (just as you have to pay for fixing issues between the water meter and your house)
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
DSearleUK

Quote from: spoon
Great idea - no line rental and the consumer has to pay for fixing faults between the DP and the premises themslves! Tongue (just as you have to pay for fixing issues between the water meter and your house)

I'd be quite happy with that. But many consumers own their water pipe or mains cable AND still rent it from the supplier via a standing charge.
BRABUS
Grafter

If OldJim is looking to move then Plus Net really have got their pricing WRONG
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

If I move and it will require two things for it to happen
LRS runs out and another price rise getting me out of my contract
Then I would move to Pulse8 phone only and leave the fibre with Plusnet