cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line rental paid upfront but want to move

Surfer
Grafter

Line rental paid upfront but want to move

What happens if you have a BB and phone package with Plusnet with the line rental having been paid up front for the year and you want to change to another provider?
3 REPLIES 3
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Line rental paid upfront but want to move

If you move the broadband and phone you lose the LRS payment
If you only move the broadband you can keep the phone
Surfer
Grafter

A bit of a Catch 22 situation as I doubt if you can change providers without taking on line rental.   Embarrassed
adie:quote
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

There are still a few providers that do telephone only and broadband only, those that require you to have line rental with them to use their broadband are just being greedy (and I'd avoid them for that reason).
It's bad enough that some charge extra for broadband if you don't have the phone line with them too  Angry (sorry, they give a 'discount' if you have both  ;))
The whole thing is 'skewed' by companies trying to advertise the cheapest broadband deals then clawing the saving back in line rental (and sometimes higher call charges too), it's an utter farce really.  There seems to be nothing to stop a supplier advertising, say, unlimited broadband for a penny (£0.01) per month (+ monthly line rental of £25.00) - that's only a slight exaggeration of what many of them are doing right now.
Anyway, you should be able to find 'broadband only' deals out there, just don't expect the super-low prices that are advertised when bundled with line rental.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.