cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line rental, annual?

KK
Grafter

Re: Line rental, annual?

In the HomePhoneFAQ section - http://www.plus.net/support/phone/home-phone-faq.shtml#callPlans - (question2), there is reference to a Evening&Weekend call plan, but it is only available by a 'ProductChange'.  The mystery deepens....
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

It would seem that PN are now ignoring this subject/issue hoping it will go away. Roll_eyes
I really would like an answer to the questions I asked two days ago. There are actual question marks at the ends of both lines!
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Quote from: newagetraveller
Sorry for persisting. Smiley
I would therefore pay £131.88, as an existing customer, which would be for line rental only, for 12 months?
My account already includes evening and weekend calls, so that would become null and void?

Sorry, I thought I'd already clarified these previously. As you have E&W calls, your line rental should be £14.99 therefore:
If your line rental is £14.99 and you add LRS your options for call plans are:
Evening and Weekends (included)
Anytime
Anytime International
Line Rental Saver in this instance would be £137.88 up front. You'd then pay monthly for whichever of the above call plan you add.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
KK
Grafter

Chris - please read this extract from Plusnet's Terms and Conditions - it clearly states that any LRS bought after 7th May 2013 will cost £131.88, and will include no calls.  It also states that it is a requirement that a call plan is taken with a new LRS.  The only call plans which are available with a new LRS are the Anytime ones.
Line Rental Saver Service Terms
Line Rental Saver is available to new and existing Plusnet residential customers for a single advance payment of £137.88 (inc VAT) if taken out on/before 7th May 2013 and £131.88 if taken out on/after 8th May 2013.
If you cancel Line Rental Saver within seven working days of your order you will get a full refund on your advance payment to the debit or credit card you paid with. Otherwise the Line Rental Saver charge is non-refundable.
Line Rental Saver must be taken with a Plusnet calling plan.
Line Rental Saver provides 12 months standard telephone line rental with no minimum contract term for a reduced equivalent monthly charge of £11.49 if taken out on/before 7th May 2013 and £10.99 if taken out on/after 8th May 2013.
Line Rental Saver taken out on/before 7th May 2013 includes evening and weekend landline calls as standard, Line Rental Saver taken out on/after 8th May 2013 includes no calls as standard.
Chris
Legend

Right, I'm going to get further clarification on this from our propositions team. One thing is clear, that it's not clear.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: KK
It also states that it is a requirement that a call plan is taken with a new LRS. 

It could be interpreted as LRS being compulsory if you have a Plusnet calling plan.
Wording of Ts & Cs really must be checked very carefully for all possible (reasonable) interpretations before publication.  Roll_eyes
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Chris
Legend

I want to run through an upgrade on both line rental (with and without E&W) so I can document the options and make sure that what we say is right, probably be early next week though.
Apprentice
Grafter

Good luck Chris you sure have your work cut out, could be a busy evening or/and weekend for you  Tongue  Smiley
caroline1
Dabbler

Further to this very long thread, could someone quickly and simply advise if it is now possible to order "advance line rental payment" on line not too fussed regarding the cost issues as already debated within this thread, I know that last year the option had to be ordered via the phone help line where the payment was taken immediatly, not sure if this is still the case ?
Can not find an option for on-line ordering on my phone control panel.
Just trying to avoid the very long waiting times currently associated with the phone help line if at all possible.
Many thanks in advance,
Caroline R. 
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

caroline1
Dabbler

Many thanks Oldjim,
I'am sure that I missed this information somewhere in the thread, most kind of you to point this out again, much appreciated.
Happy days, I can now avoid the phone help line !
Kind regards,
Caroline R.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

No problem - I have the link as one of my favourites as getting to it from the website isn't at all easy - actually damn near impossible
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Yes, that's a needle that Plusnet would do well to dig out of the haystack.
You should get an email as existing LRS is coming towards the end giving a renewal link but, of course, not everyone will necessarily get / see the email.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

I only found that by accident.
Help & Support and in "Ask Jess" type in Line rental Saver.
Click Line Rental Saver again in the answer.
Then Who Can Get Line Rental Saver
In the box that appears, on the last line click Member Centre.
Log in and there it is! However, in my case, the information there is wrong. Shocked
I'm sure there has to be an easier way though? Roll_eyes And that would be your link Jim - thanks, most useful.
gofaster
Rising Star

That link is probably OK for renewing LRS but I am just about to switch my phone over to PlusNet and would like to be on LRS from the start.
If I go to that link it says
You need to have an existing Plusnet phone service to take advantage of Line Rental Saver.
You can switch your phone line to Plusnet now and sign up for Line Rental Saver.

How can I request that my account be started with LRS?