Line rental, annual?

PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Line rental, annual?

Just to really muddy the waters, the LRS guide contains:
    Line Rental Saver is payable in full, in advance
    Line Rental Saver is non-refundable
    Line Rental Saver provides 12 months standard phone line rental. Call plans, non-inclusive calls and call features will be billed each month
    In the event of a house move, Line Rental Saver can be transferred to the new phone line without penalty
    If you cancel Line Rental Saver within ten calendar days of your order you will get a full refund of your advance payment

(my highlighting)
and the Home Phone FAQ for Call Plan "Plusnet Weekends" states Not available with Line Rental Saver. Customers on this plan will be switched to Line only if Line Rental Saver is taken
So, where's the confusion?
Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
KK
Grafter

A charitable view would be that Plusnet has decided to change its product range, but has decided to play some kind of game with customers and staff to guess when the changes might take place.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

If there's still confusion, I'll clarify one last time:
New customers taking out LRS should not be allowed to use any call package, i.e. Anytime, Weekends, etc. It apears that it is possible that some customers can move onto these call packages after purchasing LRS. This is not by design, it's a problem. As such, I have raised a problem on our internal systems and this will be rectified. After that point, no new customers on LRS will be able to use a call plan.
Please advise if there is any ambiguity in this statement!

Edit: Please see http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,123040.msg1068307.html#msg1068307
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

Your statement does state "new customers" Ben. Which, I hope should be crystal clear? Smiley
So am I safe to assume that existing customers taking out LRS should have some calls included? I don't mean renewing, but for the first time after previously not having LRS.
The reason I ask is that there have been problems with my account, after renewing existing LRS, with it being applied, not applied then finally being applied with some random renewal date. The foregoing after I received a partial refund of LRS payment.
So, if I decide, as an existing customer, to pay LRS, on some future date, will any calls be included?
I hope the above makes sense. Undecided
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

OK so after speaking to one of the team who specced LRS here's the info:
Line Rental Saver for new customers is Line Only.
Customers who already have it may have one with Evenings and Weekends on.
Call packages *can* be added to LRS.
Line Rental Saver is payable in full, in advance
Line Rental Saver is non-refundable
Line Rental Saver provides 12 months standard phone line rental. Call plans, non-inclusive calls and call features will be billed each month
In the event of a house move, Line Rental Saver can be transferred to the new phone line without penalty
If you cancel Line Rental Saver within ten calendar days of your order you will get a full refund of your advance payment

This is CORRECT.
Ben, this info has come directly from the propositions team.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
gofaster
Rising Star

I'm afraid this *still* needs clarifying.
Both Ben and Chris agree that call plans *can* be added to LRS
The outstanding question is: Is this a loophole which will be closed or is it intended that call packages can be added to LRS
I need to know the answer soon so that I can cancel my impending transfer over to PN phone (and fibre) if I can't add Anytime calls to LRS.
newagetraveller
Pro

But there's still no option(s) mentioned relating to existing customers who do not already have LRS.
You also write "can" rather than "may". There is a difference.  Smiley
It really is very unclear - or is that the intention?
Chris
Legend

Adding call packages is allowed and is intentional.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
newagetraveller
Pro

Sorry but you are being evasive Chris.
What would I, as an existing 'phone and broadband customer, without existing LRS, have to pay upfront?
Would that include any calls or would, say evening or evening and weekends have to be added as an extra to that initial payment?
James
Grafter

The upfront payment is line rental only.
Features/Plans/Calls are billed monthly.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@Chris
Interesting, because my info came from Props team too. I'll catch up with you to discuss further.
KK
Grafter

The way I am now reading it is that there is no longer any Evenings&Weekend callplan, unless you are already on it.
If you pay your rental monthly, then you get weekend calls included, but you pay for calls during the week.
If you switch to LRS, then you lose the free weekend calls, and you cannot add them back in.  The only call plans which are optionally available with LRS are the Anytime ones.
But in the Plusnet's 'Terms&Conditions' it says that if you take LRS, then you have to take a call plan -
"Line Rental Saver Service Terms
Line Rental Saver is available to new and existing Plusnet residential customers for a single advance payment of £137.88 (inc VAT) if taken out on/before 7th May 2013 and £131.88 if taken out on/after 8th May 2013.
If you cancel Line Rental Saver within seven working days of your order you will get a full refund on your advance payment to the debit or credit card you paid with. Otherwise the Line Rental Saver charge is non-refundable.
Line Rental Saver must be taken with a Plusnet calling plan.
Line Rental Saver provides 12 months standard telephone line rental with no minimum contract term for a reduced equivalent monthly charge of £11.49 if taken out on/before 7th May 2013 and £10.99 if taken out on/after 8th May 2013.
Line Rental Saver taken out on/before 7th May 2013 includes evening and weekend landline calls as standard, Line Rental Saver taken out on/after 8th May 2013 includes no calls as standard."

Chris
Legend

Sorry, I was answering gofaster's question!
What would I, as an existing 'phone and broadband customer, without existing LRS, have to pay upfront?

If your line rental is £14.99 and you add LRS your options for call plans are:
Evening and Weekends (included)
Anytime
Anytime International
Line Rental Saver in this instance would be £137.88 up front. You'd then pay monthly for whichever of the above call plan you add.

If your line rental is £14.50 and you add LRS your options are:
No calls (included)
Evening and Weekends
Anytime
Anytime International
Line Rental Saver in this instance would be £131.88 up front. You'd then pay monthly for whichever of the above call plan you add.
KK
Grafter

Chris - Evenings&Weekends does not show up as an option if you want to switch to LRS from £14.50pm
And, so far as I can tell from the T&Cs, the £137.88 LRS price has not been available since May 7th 2013.
Chris
Legend

It's not there during LRS signup but it can be added after LRS is active.