cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line rental, annual?

Dizzley
Grafter

Line rental, annual?

For a friend's new PlusNet account I've recommended they go for the Broadband plus Phone with the  Line Rental Saver (Pay for 12 months line rental in advance for £131.88, equivalent to a monthly price of £10.99 (only available online)).
So... that got me thinking I would like to add my phone to my PlusNet broadband. I understand that means a product change but I don't see an option for the cheaper annual rate. Is the Line Rental Saver available in my situation? What are the consequences?
Thanks.
68 REPLIES 68
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Line rental, annual?

The line rental saver is only available once you have moved the phone so the first charge will be at the full rate for that month or part of month.
Once it is active you can change to LRS here http://www.plus.net/rentalsaver
Dizzley
Grafter

Excellent.
Should I be able to switch my line rental and calls package by applying online? Or do I need to talk to my old supplier, BT, first?
Thanks for the quick reply.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

do it on line - no need to tell BT
Just remember that LRS doesn't include any calls
So if you are going to go on anytime - no effect  but if you want weekends then the only option is Evenings and Weekends at £1.50 per month
Dizzley
Grafter

Sold!  Cheesy
I just changed my product to Plusnet Anytime.
Thanks again.
KK
Grafter

Dizzley - the t&c's relating to Plusnet's Line Rental Saver are very hard to be certain about.  Have a read through this very recent thread - http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,122244.0.html.
The conclusion seems to be that, despite anything on the website which might imply otherwise, it is not possible to have any kind of calls package with Line Rental Saver.  You will have to pay for every call you make (except 0800, obviously), and Plusnet's call charges are not at all cheap (plus their weekend call rates are the same as their peaktime rates).
However, there is a page on the website which appears to offer the facility to go straight onto Line Rental Saver if you are adding HomePhone to your existing Plusnet Broadband - http://www.plus.net/addphone/. ; But that page also appears to offer the Anytime calls package with LRS, which is apparently not actually available.
Please let us know if you make any sense of it all.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Completely wrong
The options with line rental saver are Evenings and Weekends or Anytime or Anytime International 300
http://www.plus.net/support/phone/home-phone-faq.shtml?source=legals
KK
Grafter

Oldjim - this is the content of reply 31 in the thread which I referred to above - it was posted by staff member Ben Trimble
I can't comment on the regulatory / legal compliance of any content of our website because I am trained in neither area. I'll have a good luck through the pages mentioned and raise requests to have things changed where it's obviously wrong - unfortunately this isn't something that I'll be able to complete either this week or next due to existing commitments on my time.
As ever, sorry for confusion but I think it's now clear (to those participating in this thread, at least) that LRS is sold without a call package and anything which implies or states to the contrary is incorrect and will, in time, be corrected
Oldjim
Resting Legend

That is absolutely correct - it is sold without a call package as I said in my reply above BUT you can add call packages to it
KK
Grafter

Oldjim - here are a few more extracts from the thread which I mentioned above.  All except number 3 were posted by Ben Trimble.
1.  Our Commercial team have decided that LRS should now only be available without calls. Unfortunately we cannot go into the commercial reasoning behind this.
2.  LRS is available as "line only" on our new product set, customers on our legacy product set can add LRS to any talk package (not sure why you don't see E&W)
3.  Ben, In the page which DRJ quoted - http://www.plus.net/addphone/ - it appears to offer Anytime to (new) LRS customers.  It also appears to confirm that it is possible to switch my phone line straight into an LRS deal (I already have broadband with Plusnet).  But one of your colleagues told me earlier this week that I would first have to take out a monthly contract and then change to LRS at a later date.  Please clarify.  Many thanks.
4.  Yes, it is offering talk packages when choosing LRS, it shouldn't so I've raised problem 79149.
5.  There is no confusion internally with regards to what should be offered. It doesn't help when we have the problem noted above, people working around the system (product changes after purchase) and potential errors on the website (Jess).
6.  @drj
Legacy Talk packages start "Talk" e.g. "Talk Anytime" as opposed to the new "Plusnet..." e.g. "Plusnet Anytime". If you do not currently have phone and wish to add it, you would get the new product.
@creamola
Sorry for any confusion, but the response from CSC was right, at least if your question is interpreted as "I would like LRS and weekend calls" because we only offer LRS with no included calls.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The fact that you can add call packages to LRS is a problem. Oldjim's just pointing out that it's currently possible.
Edit: Please see http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,123040.msg1068307.html#msg1068307
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Eh!!
Are you now seeing that you shouldn't be able to because if that is the case it is a total rip off
KK
Grafter

Ben - should we believe what you said in the earlier thread, or should we believe what you are saying now?
Have you read this in your terms and conditions?
"Line Rental Saver Service Terms
Line Rental Saver is available to new and existing Plusnet residential customers for a single advance payment of £137.88 (inc VAT) if taken out on/before 7th May 2013 and £131.88 if taken out on/after 8th May 2013.
If you cancel Line Rental Saver within seven working days of your order you will get a full refund on your advance payment to the debit or credit card you paid with. Otherwise the Line Rental Saver charge is non-refundable.
Line Rental Saver must be taken with a Plusnet calling plan.
Line Rental Saver provides 12 months standard telephone line rental with no minimum contract term for a reduced equivalent monthly charge of £11.49 if taken out on/before 7th May 2013 and £10.99 if taken out on/after 8th May 2013.
Line Rental Saver taken out on/before 7th May 2013 includes evening and weekend landline calls as standard, Line Rental Saver taken out on/after 8th May 2013 includes no calls as standard.
"
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@KK
Sorry, I don't think I've contradicted myself anywhere?
I believe the part you've highlighted in the Ts & Cs means you shouldn't use CPS / WCLI (products to route your calls elsewhere) with LRS.
KK
Grafter

Ben - I no longer have any personal interest in the Plusnet LRS scheme.  Your latest post makes no sense at all.
Ironically, the phone service provider which I have been planning to switch to, has today posted a message on its website which apologises for the 'temporary' situation which has resulted in extended wait times on the call centre phone number.
In what way is the privatised telecommunications industry better than the nationalised one which it replaced?