Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line only ???

PNnewbie
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Line only ???

Hi,
I recently bought my youngest daughter over to Plusnet.
As she has a mobile she did not require a telephone - just a line for broadband.  The line had been disconnected as the previous owner had moved into a home and the property had been empty for a couple of years.  I explained to Plusnet that we didn't need the phone - just the line.  A couple of days after the phone was reconnected my daughter, out of curiosity, dialled out and realised that she could make calls.  When we spoke to Plusnet we got the impression that she would not be able to make calls although the Openreach Engineer had told her she would be able to receive incoming calls.
Is this normal? 
It's not necessarily a bad thing, just something we didn't expect.
Incidentally I paid for the line for 12 months in advance - and then realised that the so-called 'free' evenings and weekend calls were only available if the line rental was paid monthly...  So in reality they're not free, they are paid for in the additional cost of the line rental when paid monthly.
I was going to move my line from BT to Plusnet but losing my evening/weekend calls may influence my decision.  Undecided
John
2 REPLIES 2
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Line only ???

Hi there,
Calls can be made but they're all pay as you go - it's possible to add either the weekends, evening and weekends or anytime call packages if you wish though but that will add to the monthly cost. That's entirely separate to the line rental though and will be charged monthly along with the broadband. As the line rental is paid up front though that of course won't be added to the monthly charge.
Hope that helps explain.
PNnewbie
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: Line only ???

Hi Matt,
Thanks for the explanation, we thought for a moment somone at BT had made a booboo leaving the line useable for calls.
I can't see it being used but it might prove handy if the daughter's mobile ever fails...