cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line fault?

lateuk

Line fault?

Hi,
I'm experiencing some problems with my phone line and broadband connection. Yesterday (28th Oct,) my broadband speeds dropped down to 0.3mbps and my landline would intermittently ring, but not with the normal dial tone (it was continuous.) The landline now has a lower pitched sound with some distortion when I pick up the receiver and around halfway through dialing any number I can hear a "The number you have called has not been recognised," message. This doesn't prevent me from making a call but I'm unable to hear anything on the other end and as far as I'm aware people can't hear me. Additionally, if I call my landline from a mobile and then put down the receiver, it does not end the call.
I had a landline installed in my flat on the 9th of October and my Broadband service was activated on the 17th. Speeds have been fairly poor but stable enough for use (around 6mbps, predicted 8-14mbps,) but as I said now they've dropped down to 0.3mbps.
Could a line fault be responsible for these problems and what should my next step be?
Regards,
Joe.
2 REPLIES 2
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Line fault?

report a phone fault
lateuk

Re: Line fault?

Phone fault reported. Fingers crossed.