cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line fault reporting

loades
Dabbler

Line fault reporting

I have no dial tone (I've swapped with two alternative handsets on all sockets).  Calling the line from a mobile ringtone is heard but nothing rings in the house.  I tried to report it by 'phone but the massage says wait times to be answered are 45 minutes!!!!  I then tried to send a form e-mail, the response says that new reports take 36 hours and some minutes for a response!!!  Have I any other line fault reporting options other than wait in a 45 minute queue using a mobile 'phone or a day and a half for the email to be read?
10 REPLIES 10
Apprentice
Grafter

Re: Line fault reporting

PN Support is
All day every day

Looks like you will have to wait 45 mins or try later on say around midnight or set the alarm for 2.00am and hopefully the waiting time will be shorter in the small hours
  Wink
The DCT/PN Staff who frequent the forums won't be around to help until Monday morning.
loades
Dabbler

It's 02:25 and the call waiting time is now "...... approaching 1 hour".!!!!!
Apprentice
Grafter

Sorry to see you didn't have any luck at that time of the day, it would maybe suggest that staffing levels during the graveyard shift aren't that great either.
Have you managed to contact the CS to report the fault yet?
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Quote from: loades
I've swapped with two alternative handsets on all sockets

Hi Welcome to the forums!!
Just for clarity, can you answer / confirm the following please...
1. Is your phone line provided by Plus Net ?  If not, then you need to report the fault to who you pay your phone line bill to.  Sorry if is is provided by PN, experience tells me that it is wise not to assume something not stated!
2. Is your broadband ADSL or FTTC?  Is it working OK?
3. Have you tried different filters / the master socket / the test socket / also without filters?
4. Is the phone corded or wireless?  If wireless, try a wired handset.

All the PN help pages imply that you need to speak with the support desk for the problems you describe.  My guess is that they will run some remote POTS tests.  In your shoes - difficulty getting through - I might be tempted to run the BB fault checker see here which first of all checks your line.  This might flag up a POTS fault and get a case raised with the faults team... which might then take BTOR 72 hours to fix, so it is important to get your first peg in the ground ASAP.
Note that PN Staff do not 'patrol' these forums during the weekends, so Monday morning is your earliest hope of having your issues picked up here.
Good luck,
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

gennylou

I have thr exact same problem with landline. I'm not over the moon about it as I am heavily pregnant so I'm screwed if I need to use the phone in an emergency. My only option to contact plusnet is to email. My landline was fine this morning. I'm now thinking it's a fault with plusnet.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@loades
I can see that you managed to report this through to us, one of my colleagues has passed the fault to our suppliers and they've quoted an estimated response time of Wednesday. We'll keep checking the ticket and update you as/when we have more information.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend

@gennylou
I've reported your fault through now aswell, when we get more information back we'll let you know.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Southcoast51

Hi
My phone line has no dial tone yet broadband is working fine.
I am flagging this here as calls to your help line via mobile are charged for and the wait time is ridiculous.
This appears to be a system wide failure and I suggest you escalate it.
Chris
Legend

I'll take a look at your ticket now.  Can you confirm that you've tried a single phone handset into the test socket and that the problem continues there?

Just as an FYI, you're in different areas of the country, so very different exchanges and infrastructure, therefore it's extremely unlikely to be related to the other faults reported in here.
Chris
Legend

I've just run a line test and a fault has been identified at your exchange so I've raised this through and updated your ticket.