cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line fault procedures

mungodaisy
Grafter

Line fault procedures

A line fault (overhead cable down) has been repaired today after 4 days (apparently first available slot).
When I reported the fault I asked for calls to be diverted to a mobile and that worked OK.
I have cancelled the divert (the call centre couldn't do it apparently because the fault wasn't cleared by BT). But it's only a code to enter!!
I see that I have been charged for the diverted calls. Is this correct? I recall that BT used to provide this service FOC.
Also, is compensation paid?
7 REPLIES 7
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Re: Line fault procedures

If you line has been down you should be compensated pro rata , calls that are redirected to another number are chargeable on PN.
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi mungodaisy,
I've just requested that the call divert is removed, but as I.T.Works says the diverted calls are chargeable (we're charged for them so unfortunately need to pass the charges on). I've also issued a pro rata refund for the service while it wasn't working.
Hope that helps, and very glad to hear the fault is fixed - thanks for letting us know.
mungodaisy
Grafter

Thanks for your help.
materialman
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Quote from: mungodaisy
I see that I have been charged for the diverted calls. Is this correct? I recall that BT used to provide this service FOC.
Also, is compensation paid?

This is interesting to me as I will soon get my phone switched to Plusnet. Do you mean you were charged for incoming calls diverted TO your mobile, or for outgoing calls from your mobile when you were effectively using it as your landline? Sorry if that sounds perverse.
PeeGee
Pro

You pay for the landline to mobile leg of diverted incoming calls - effectively, the incoming call is "patched through" to a call from your landline to the mobile.
Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
materialman
Rising Star

I see, so like making a landline call to a mobile call. Hmm didn't realise that, when I've had calls diverted by BT for a line fault. Maybe I didn't get any calls in then!
mungodaisy
Grafter

When I was with BT, they did not charge for diverted calls in the case of a line fault. But I have been with PN for a few years now, so it was a while ago!!
BT also didn't charge for CLI either, whereas PN charge 99p.
But then BT's rental is somewhat higher.