cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line fault (already)

picbits
Rising Star

Line fault (already)

After 6 or 7 years of no fault telephone service with BT, I have my first line fault just under 2 months from moving to Plusnet.
FTTC is 100% as normal, upload and download speed is as normal.
Outgoing calls are normal
Incoming calls all fail. The person calling me does not hear the ring ring tone on their phone although my phones ring as normal at my property.
Same thing happens with a normal wired telephone plugged directly into the test socket.
I can hear the person at the other end when I pick the line up but all they hear is silence.
My stepsons father who has been calling all morning from Germany has used his credit up trying to get through thinking that he's not being connected or charged.
Any clues ? I'm on the Wellingborough exchange.
4 REPLIES 4
picbits
Rising Star

Re: Line fault (already)

Ok - I camped down for a long wait in the queue, got through within 1 minutes and had the fault logged and being investigated within 3 minutes.
Can't fault the team for my first ever fault call.
ScottStorey
Pro
Fixes: 1

Hi Picbits,
Glad to hear that your first experience with having to call up to report a fault went so smoothly. Our wait times have started to return to normal over the past few days (touch wood).
Sorry to hear about the fault though! As soon as we have a date for when it will be repaired we will be in touch.
picbits
Rising Star

As a followup - the line appeared to fix itself later that evening, full service has resumed and the ticket was updated regularly by the Staff over the weekend (despite not needing to follow the engineer call through).
Quite reassuring really Smiley
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Excellent. If there is anything else we can help with, please do let us know Smiley