Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line down - dreadful response from support

FIXED
peterthebike
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Line down - dreadful response from support

A fault was first reported on the 10th December as a Broadband fault. On the 14th while doing line checks we realised there was no dialling tone and updated the fault. Was informed the fault had been passed on to their suppliers. Then received this:

Script User - Automated Script Pool
7:07am, Friday 18 Dec 2020
Question [ 209245476 ] is now off hold. Our Support Team will provide a further update soon.

At midday on the 18th I asked if they would give an update. Not heard a thing since. Terrible service!😠

8 REPLIES 8
bridgetbartlett

Re: Line down - dreadful response from support

You think you've got a problem. I've been waiting since the summer of 2019 for a problem to be resolved regarding the pole carrying my 'phone cable that BT say they don't own! It belongs to an electricity company. I only wanted a simple fault repair. No satisfaction from Plusnet. No satisfaction from BT.  Plusnet told me it was BT Openreach who should resolve the problem. I have yards of cable criss-crossing my back garden.

Ofcom website was my last resort today, 21 December 2020,  and I found this:- 

What if my provider doesn’t own the network?

Even if another company (such as Openreach) manages the network through which your service is provided, you only need to deal with your provider.

I'm now trying to find how to open a question - no luck there. So it's back to writing a letter and posting it!! Thank goodness for a reasonable system of contact - Royal Mail

peterthebike
Dabbler

@bridgetbartlett to say you have had problems is an understatement!☹️ Hope one day you do get statisfaction.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fix

Thanks for your post @peterthebike 

I'm sorry for the problems with your service. I've checked the fault report with our suppliers and I can see an engineer's picked it up today so we should know more tomorrow. The delay would be down to engineer availability in the area. 

Thanks for your post @bridgetbartlett 

I can see we've received your letter regarding this and we've responded by email last month. You can view a copy of this email as a (now) closed ticket on your account here https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=208208883

In summary have you tried reporting this directly to Openreach as advised on 0800 023 2023 (option 1)?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bridgetbartlett

I did ‘phone OpenReach earlier this year, very earlier this year. An engineer arrived, if I recall, sometime in August who said, quote “ You’ve been waiting a long time for this job to be done. I’ll get that sorted ASAP.” Heard nothing since.

Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

It could be worth following up on it by calling Openreach on the given number again...

RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Hi @bridgetbartlett
An email to the CEO of Openreach, Clive Selley, is probably the best way to get things fixed.
Firstname.lastname@openreach.com
The email will be directed to the CEOs team, who I know from a friends experience "get things resolved".
Regards
Richard
peterthebike
Dabbler

At last an Openreach engineer has been and fixed the fault. By the sound of it having to wait 7 days was quick by some standards. Not mine!

bridgetbartlett

Thanks. I'll do that.