cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line cord error

Bradders20

Line cord error

Hello.
I have 'line cord error' on my phone display. I have tried all the help options like plugging directly into the master switch box etc all to no avail. Broadband is also more patchy since this error occured (buffering and resetting every now and again when previously it's been perfect) Would an engineer call-out be the way to go? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.
3 REPLIES 3
BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 8

Re: Line cord error

@Bradders20 

Welcome to the forum.

Is that a message from your handset? Do you have another one to check it is not the handset that has a problem?

If you think that there is a line fault - and your broadband problems might indicate that - did you run the Phone Troubleshooter? What did it say? https://www.plus.net/my-account/tools/phone-troubleshooter/ (You will be asked to log in.)

Don't worry if it says there is no problem, the test is a bit iffy and may still raise a fault - check in your account for tickets - even if it gives the message..

Bradders20

Thank you for your help. Took your advice with online phone checker and it was an outside fault which has now been fixed.
Many thanks!
BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 8

Thanks for letting us know; glad to have helped.