cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Rental - Some questions

Wheel_nut
Grafter

Line Rental - Some questions

OK, I migrated back to PlusNet for Broadband service yesterday after two years with NewNet.  Smiley
I'm now looking at the Line Rental options. I am currently with Primus Planet Talk Option 2 which gives me Line Rental and Caller Display with FREE Evening and Weekend calls for £9-49 inc VAT. Some questions:
1) If I take the PlusNet Line Rental @ £9-75, Can I still use CPS to divert all my calls through Primus Planet Talk?
2) What does it cost to get Caller Display with PlusNet?
3) Do Free Evening & Weekend calls with PlusNet include 0845 & 0870 calls as BT now do?
4) Is there a call setup charge per call on Free Evening & Weekend calls with PlusNet?
5) Do Anytime calls with PlusNet include 0845 & 0870 calls as BT now do?
13 REPLIES 13
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Line Rental - Some questions

Hi and welcome
I can answer some of the questions
2) £1.47 per month
3) no
4)  No although there may still be a setup charge if you go over the 60 minute limit (I don't know if that has been fixed yet)
5) no
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

4) hasn't been fixed yet  Angry
3) & 5) And I hope they never do, as other prices would have to go up to compensate - look at what BT have just done.
I don't know about CPS, but IDA is available. As a general comment, you need to consider your indivdual phone usage patterns etc and look at which supplier gives you the best deal for that.
Can't see what the advantage of moving to PN for line rental would be and wanting to CPS Primus Planet Talk and would Primus offer that (I haven't checked their current offerings)?
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

You can still use CPS on the phone package.
James
Grafter

1) If I take the PlusNet Line Rental @ £9-75, Can I still use CPS to divert all my calls through Primus Planet Talk?
- Yes.
2) What does it cost to get Caller Display with PlusNet?
- £1.47.
3) Do Free Evening & Weekend calls with PlusNet include 0845 & 0870 calls as BT now do?
- No. Not currently.*
4) Is there a call setup charge per call on Free Evening & Weekend calls with PlusNet?
- Not on calls under 60 minutes.  I'm rater surprised that we haven't fixed that problem on ones over 60 minutes yet!
5) Do Anytime calls with PlusNet include 0845 & 0870 calls as BT now do?
- No. Not currently.**
* & **: this does not mean that we certainly will included, not does it mean that we certainly won't.  It means that we currently don't! (Happy Chris? :))
mal0z
Grafter

Quote from: Jameseh

* & **:  :))

Talk about backing more that one horse James  Wink Smiley
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Hmm, I was thinking about applying for the home phone package when my current BT one runs out in April, but if it is going to cost me £1.47/month (for CID) extra then the difference swings back to BT, I currently get CID free under one of the BT offers they had/have (BT Privacy). New BT Line rental = £11.25, Plusnet =£9.75+£1.47=£11.22 Not enough in it to switch and save £0.36/year!
I am not a heavy phone user and the free evening & weekend calls inclusive on a 12 month contract is fine as I rarely use the phone during the day, but I do like the Called ID option.
Also the free 08x0 calls now at E&WE, again I don't often call these numbers but if I have to I now try and do it after 6pm if they are open.
So as you say you don't currently offer it, so I will monitor the situation.
coastergrotto
Grafter

Quote from: Jameseh

- Not on calls under 60 minutes.  I'm rather surprised that we haven't fixed that problem on ones over 60 minutes yet!

Just trawling through some old postings on my return from holiday and, James, I'm glad to see that you are still as surprised  as I am that this hasn't been fixed yet.
I was caught with a connection fee after inadvertently exceeding my 60 mins free call.      Can we get this one sorted out soon, please?
coastergrotto
Grafter

Jameseh :
Any chance of a reply regarding my above posting ref. call set up charges on calls lasting over 60 minutes.
James
Grafter

It'll be removed in the next 2 months.
Fact.
coastergrotto
Grafter

Thanks for that, but how will we know for sure that's it's been removed?       Can you update us when it's in force, please.
Mand
Grafter

We'll be sure to let you know as soon as it's live. Smiley
coastergrotto
Grafter

Thanks Mand.  Good to see you back.
thehatman
Grafter

Hey Wheelnut, why did you leave NewNet?