cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Rental Saver

Dh
Hooked

Line Rental Saver

Hello, I'm unable to sign up for Line rental saver online, I'm being told I do not have a line with PlusNet. How can I fix this, thanks.

12 REPLIES 12
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Line Rental Saver

Hi @Dh, once your house move has completed you will be able to do this. Let us know if there is anything else we can help you out with.

rogerjowett
Grafter

how much do you save and how do i sign up for it we make two calls a week to leicester and ely from ulster and are being billed £50 a month for fone and broadband what a ripof

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @rogerjowett

I have had a look into your account and responded to your query with a detailed email. You can view this by Clicking Here

The line rental saver costs £197.88. This calculates around to £16.49 per month.

I hope this information helps.

Dh
Hooked

Hello, my house move completed two weeks ago. Could you let me know when this will be shown on your side. I now, as of today, cannot access any details on my account.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there.

I've raised this with a back-end team to sort this out as the phone component on your account is still showing as deactive even following the completion of your house move order. I've also raised ticket 184062732 for my team to monitor the progress.

Regarding the fact you're unable to access any account details, could you send me a screenshot via private message of what you see when try to?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
rogerjowett
Grafter

i am still being billed over £50 a month for adsl broadband and fone

we make two calls a week to ely and leicester from here in ulster why is it so expensive?

rogerjowett
Grafter

i do not understand your reply in the email - 'i am being charged a standard rate - i only call after 7pm - it is too exdpensive especially as the broadband hardly works you have to fight with it for five to ten minutes before it lets you watch a sky at night interview and they are only 15minutes long

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi Roger, thanks for your message.

We're sorry to hear that you've had an issue with your bill.

On checking your account I can see that you don't have a call plan, but are making calls via your landline which is why you're being charged. The calls are evenly spread out over the day. We do have several call plans available which would reduce your call charges if you'd like some information on them?

When you say the internet isn't working, what issues are you experiencing? Are you experiencing the issue via a wired or wireless connection? -Owen

rogerjowett
Grafter

i have to fight with the broadband connection to watch a fifteen minute interview on the skyatnight magazine website

finally after fighting with the video stopping and restarting it becomes watchable

the fone bill is way too much we make eight calls a month to ely and to leicester from here in ulster its just too much 

im thinking of switching to vodaphone as they have a fibre broadband deal which will be better than this adsl service...

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @rogerjowett,

Thank you for confirming what's happening with your broadband. I'm sorry for any inconvenience that these connection issues are causing you.

I've tested your line and the test has picked up a potential issue with the equipment connected to the phone line.

Copper Line Test
Circuit ID: CBUKXXXXXXXX Service ID: BBEUXXXXXXX
Telephone NO.: NA Test Executed On: 08-11-2018 10:28:25
Test Outcome: FAULT - Loop (Rectified) DTR: T024
Copper Test Details
  A to E B to E
Capacitance: 531 NanoFarad 520 NanoFarad
DP Line Length Estimate: 6881 Metres DN Line Length Estimate: 6914 Metres
Celerity: 76.8 dB Line Loss: 62.29 dB
Line Stability:  
Fault Report Advised: Y
Service Level: 2
BRAGOutcome: Long Lines
Faceplate: Cannot Be Detected

Our tests show a loop on the line, which is basically a short circuit on the line. This could be a faulty piece of equipment or something breaking the loop such as something going through the line.

To rule out your equipment as the cause, we would like to see if the fault is still present with your equipment disconnected from the line.

Please contact us when all the phone sockets in the property are unplugged and if possible please remove the faceplate of the master socket which will disconnect the internal wiring. We can then retest your line and proceed with our investigation.

I'm sorry that you are unhappy with the call charges. I'd strongly recommend that you add a call plan to your account which would help to reduce your call charges moving further. The page here has more information on the different call plans that we offer.

I'd also recommend that you speak with our customer options team as they will be able to let you know about any contract renewal deals that would be available for you. Their direct number is 0800 013 2632 and they are open between the following hours:

Monday - Friday: 08:00 - 20:00
Saturday: 09:00 - 19:00
Sunday: 09:00 - 18:00

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
rogerjowett
Grafter

- there's definitely a fault somewhere as every time i try to watch streamed videos i have to fight with the software and restart it this is very annoying for a fifteen minute video to have to fight with the player for ten minutes seems just plain ridiculous but what is also killing me is the fact that the bill is over £50 a month and we make 8 calls from ulster to leicester and ely a month hardly £30 worth of fone calls is it?

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Let's get this sorted for you. Is there a good time for us to do the test which Emily mentioned? 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team