cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Rental Saver

pdrage

Line Rental Saver

Thanks for the previous threads regarding LRS and not being able to change package. eg

https://community.plus.net/t5/Home-Phone/Beware-of-Line-Rental-Saver/td-p/1434620.

Isn't this a case of PlusNet not meeting their own terms and conditions? Does this give us the right to terminate without charge?  I'm in the same situation, of wanting to update to the better/ cheaper phone package with a reasonable amount of mobile minutes from the package that I was put onto 6 months ago when I started a new 18 month contract. (and I belive that even then it was a legacy package - not the most recent one) I'm sure I wasn't told then how few mobile minutes were included in the package. I could just wait for a couple of weeks until my LRS runs out, and then change package - after waiting ANOTHER MONTH for it to be live, but them my LRS and contract will be out of step by a month. Do I really want that?

I'm really annoyed that PN dont seem to be able to do anything about it. I've tried suggesting that they just terminate the contract, and start another 18 month contract anew - but they say that's not possible. I've had emails from Customer services that say its not possible, and others that say - "just ring us and we can sort it".

I'm fed up and want to leave. I've been promised an email with termination costs - but even that's not turned up yet!

Has anyone had this problem and managed to get it sorted properly? If so, please can you tell me who you talked to? I'm loosing the will to pay!

If you are reading this and work for PN. Please tell me where in your terms and conditions it says that you will supply lousy service. I cant find it anywhere!

Rant over.

Advice gratefully received.

4 REPLIES 4
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Re: Line Rental Saver

Hi @pdrage,

A warm welcome to the forums.  Sorry, but I cannot answer your questions (I'm a user just like you) but this subject fits in to one of the super user interest discussion areas.

Superuser escalation

This topic has been escalated by one of the Superusers; please allow time for Plusnet to respond before commenting further.

Escalation does not imply progressing this matter will be given priority, nor that a different outcome will result.

Reason for escalation:  Request response

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi pdrage,

I'm sorry you've had a hard ride with this issue. 

Due to how Line rental saver works it runs alongside your normal contract but is not actually part of it. 

While we can appreciate it would be more beneficial to have this run in sync. unfortunately this isn't something we can currently offer. 

We are aware that your account is currently a legacy one which can cause teething issues with changing your call plan. This would mean your account would have to be closed and signed up as a new one to bypass this issue. 

If there is anything else we may assist you with please feel free to get in touch. 

Thanks you. 

pdrage

Hi OllieC,

>We are aware that your account is currently a legacy one which can cause teething issues with changing your call plan. >This would mean your account would have to be closed and signed up as a new one to bypass this issue. 

If only it was that easy. In fact, if you look at the call history, and transcript of my message to Plusnet, you will find that I asked for exactly that to happen. I also has a response for a different member of the Plusnet team to tell me that I could do it, and all I had to do was to call Plusnet up and ask for it to be done.

However, I tried, and failed on more that 1 occasion.

So, I'm now just waiting for the end of my contract, and I'll be leaving.

If you think you can do better, then by all means give me a ring - you have my contact details, This would be the callback that I was promised months ago that also didn't materialise.

Thanks for trying to help, but unless you can actually put what you offer into practice, I'd prefer to be told the truth.

Paul.

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi Pdrage,

I have updated you via a member centre ticket. 

https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=168984527

Thank you.