cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Rental Saver

tonysyms

Line Rental Saver

My existing line rental saver runs for another 2 months and I would like to renew but it seems that Plusnet will take the money straight away and not in 2 months.
Good for their cashflow but not mine. Has anyone found a way round this as I do not like paying early.
16 REPLIES 16
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Line Rental Saver

wait until you actually need to renew
The only reason for doing it early is if the price is going up
tonysyms

If my line rental ends on 22/05/2014 by when do need to pay to renew without being charged a month at full rate. I spoke to someone at Plusnet who could not answer this just saying "renew now".
Oldjim
Resting Legend

A very good question
You should be able to renew a week or so before the billing date where it runs out without problems but it would be better to get an official response
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi tonysyms,
If you wanted to renew your LRS now then the payment would need to be made at the time of submitting the request to renew it, however, the contract wouldn't start until your current one expires.
Hope this clarifies this for you Smiley
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Actually it doesn't
Putting the question more succinctly
As he has an existing LRS
What is the latest he can renew it to stop one month being charged at the higher rate
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Short of paying it upfront knowing that it's not going to take effect until the current one expires you could wait until the 21st of May and renew it by paying the upfront cost and this would then take effect on the 22nd if that's when your current contract expires.
KK
Grafter

@tonysyms - it is absurd that you have been unable to get an immediate and clear answer to your very simple question.  The latest response from the PlusNet representative is far from reassuring - it is a typical call centre response, and it sounds more like guesswork than a knowledgeable reply.
It should be reasonable to assume that PlusNet's systems would automatically contact you with regard to the renewal of your Line Rental Saver (you are probably in a minority of customers who are aware of the approaching end of their LRS contract).
But I wouldn't like to bet the farm on it...
nadger
Rising Star

Quote from: KK
(you are probably in a minority of customers who are aware of the approaching end of their LRS contract).
As it's paid annually I'd imagine most LRS customers do know their  renewal date.
As OJ has pointed out the only real advantage of paying early is to save money on a pending price increase which a lot of us have done.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

@tonysyms - it is absurd that you have been unable to get an immediate and clear answer to your very simple question.  The latest response from the PlusNet representative is far from reassuring - it is a typical call centre response, and it sounds more like guesswork than a knowledgeable reply.
It should be reasonable to assume that PlusNet's systems would automatically contact you with regard to the renewal of your Line Rental Saver (you are probably in a minority of customers who are aware of the approaching end of their LRS contract).
Why don't you stop talking rubbish
All LRS customers are automatically contacted before their LRS runs out and the response from Linn is clear and what I would have expected given that the payment is by card
KK
Grafter

@Oldjim - LinnK's response had to be teased out of her by your own comment that her initial reply had failed to answer the question.
And thankyou for confirming that all LRS customers are automatically contacted before the contract expires.  Why wasn't this made clear to the OP either by the callcentre or by LinnK?
Which part of my post is 'rubbish'?
Oldjim
Resting Legend

You said
The latest response from the PlusNet representative is far from reassuring - it is a typical call centre response, and it sounds more like guesswork than a knowledgeable reply.
when the latest response was from Linn
The part in bold was completely wrong
KK
Grafter

As it's paid annually I'd imagine most LRS customers do know their  renewal date
@nadger - I beg to differ - an annual payment is much easier to forget than a monthly one..  Many companies would 'bank' on their own customers' inability to keep track of their own affairs, and would happily exploit the situation to their own advantage.  It is to PlusNet's credit if they choose to give their customers advance warning of the end of the LRS contract.  But I can't help wondering if they do so because it is some kind of regulatory requirement.
XTERMY
Dabbler

Quote from: Oldjim
Why don't you stop talking rubbish
All LRS customers are automatically contacted before their LRS runs out and the response from Linn is clear and what I would have expected given that the payment is by card

I haven't been contacted Sad My Fibre was activated on the 27/03/2013 and my phone line on the 12/04/2013 Smiley
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

I have always had 2 months notice that my LSR is coming up for renewal.  Tbh I think 2 months without a second reminder nearer the time doesn't help. I understand PN giving plenty of notice to customers but I bet most will delay paying until much nearer the time and run the risk of forgetting it is due.