cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Rental Saver

mrbenjamin
Hooked

Line Rental Saver

What the hell has happened to Plusnet....it was at one time an excellent service, good customer care, overall a good ISP....can't say that now, they don't give a toss about their customers... I have a number of broadband and phone lines with them, big mistake, I should not have put all my eggs in one basket.. Just for example I had an email from Plusnet, 2 months in advance advising one of my phone lines rental saver was up for renewal...of course I mis-read this...(yeah I know my own fault you say) but I thought I'd better get this sorted now and renew it thinking only a month to go...so I did straight away.. So basically paid up 2 months in advance.. Anyway big lifestyle change mid October, (nothing I had any control over) and needed to cancel this Line Rental Saver that starts Nov 30th 2013...got onto Plusnet are they interested do they give a s**t, NO... But to rub salt into the wounds I moved another phone line to Plusnet a few weeks ago and when I signed up the website showed the package as a weekend free calls....but when I moved down the page and ticked for Line Rental Saver it changed to Plusnet Line Only....(yes another trim back on the package) but this was not made clear and even when we did a search on Plusnets own site for Plusnet Line Only it did NOT come back with anything relative, of course this was because thay had only just made the change and their website is now totally different.... So come on Bob Pullen you've been with Plusnet some years, get this lot sorted out for me coz I'm really fed up with it all and I'm going to end up pulling the lot away from you... 
8 REPLIES 8
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Line Rental Saver

Are you saying they refused to cancel a LRS that has not yet started?
I fully understand that LRS cannot be refunded once it's active but surely it should be possible to cancel and refund one that has not yet become active.  I'll be waiting for Plusnet's response on this one.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
mrbenjamin
Hooked

Hi w23.... Thanks for showing interest....
Yes...the new LRS has not started yet....here is the relevant part of the email Plusnet sent to me on the 1/10/13.
[Your Line Rental Saver contract will finish soon
Your Line Rental Saver contract is due to expire on 30/11/2013. If you'd like to to continue saving money on your line rental after that date, you can renew at: http://www.plus.net/rentalsaver/
If you choose not to renew your Line Rental Saver contract, you'll start making monthly line rental payments on 30/11/2013.]
This was my request to Plusnet
Hi, I have been looking through your terms and conditions regarding Line Rental Saver and I request some clarification please.... I had a reminder email from you on the 1/10/13 regarding renewal of my existing Line Rental Saver and I believe I renewed it on the same day. As my existing Line Rental Saver does not run out until 30/11/13 am I correct in saying that the order for Line Rental Saver renewal has not yet been activated and that if I cancel this order I will receive a full refund of the monies I have paid in advance.
Plusnet's Response
Thank you for your question,
Your new Line Rental Saver will not take effect until your old one expires. Unfortunately its too late to get a refund for the recent payment that you made for Line Rental Saver. As stated in the Line Rental Saver FAQ's, you are only eligible for a refund within the first ten calendar days after ordering.
http://www.plus.net/home-broadband/line-rental-saver-faq/
I hope this answers your question.
I have sent this back to them 5:27pm, Saturday 9 Nov 2013 and am now waiting for a response....
[Hi, As this order is not yet active as I have already stated, I cannot see any reason why the request I have made to you for a refund cannot be fulfilled..... I understand you have terms and conditions, but the fact that you sent a reminder email 2 months before the Line Rental Saver expires does seem to be excessive, and has the "ring of" catch the customer before they go elsewhere... well I wasn't go anywhere else, but my circumstances have changed.... I hope you are prepared to re-consider my request.]
I am now waiting for Plusnet to respond and will keep you all informed.  Hopefully someone from Plusnet is monitoring this site as I would like to make it clear that I will not let things drop... Its about time Plusnet realised that people these days don't take NO for an answer... It makes me  wonder if their recent TV advert matches their business principles and whether a call to Trading Standards may be appropriate.
I'll give them a few days to respond.....

chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi mrbenjamin,
I've just replied to your ticket regarding this.

mrbenjamin
Hooked

Hi guys well here's the update and outcome.
Chris Purvey from Plusnet took this on-board and both of my issues have been dealt with.
Plusnet agreed to cancellation of the pending LRS contract (start date 30/11/2013) and accepted the fact that this was due to circumstances beyond my control, they have also as a goodwill gesture added a calls package to the line I recently moved over to them.
Overall this is a positive and acceptable outcome, however as my various LRS contracts come up for renewal they will be done at the last minute and the money will stay in MY bank account.
Thank you anyway to Chris Purvey and co' for their help.
Best regards
Mr B   
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Smiley
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Apprentice
Grafter

Quote from: mrbenjamin
Hi guys well here's the update and outcome.
Chris Purvey from Plusnet took this on-board and both of my issues have been dealt with.
Plusnet agreed to cancellation of the pending LRS contract (start date 30/11/2013) and accepted the fact that this was due to circumstances beyond my control, they have also as a goodwill gesture added a calls package to the line I recently moved over to them.
Overall this is a positive and acceptable outcome, however as my various LRS contracts come up for renewal they will be done at the last minute and the money will stay in MY bank account.
Thank you anyway to Chris Purvey and co' for their help.
Best regards
Mr B    

I think it was round about that time of Oct 1st the new price increase came in for line rentals, the LRS prior to the price change included free weekend calls (I think) but was a bit dearer than the subsequent new version of LRS which as you say is voice only.
Some customers seemed to be confused by it all with regard to emails and paying for LRS in advance.
they have also as a goodwill gesture added a calls package to the line I recently moved over to them.

[color=navy]You were lucky to get a free call package as when I moved to BB and phone with Plusnet via the Customer Options Team I asked for free weekend calls and said could I use the LRS as well, paid up front with the plastic card and only later found out that LRS was now line only!  Sad  Angry
At the time of signing up this wasn't pointed out to me by the COT member plus I had to intervene some time later in the process by contacting one of the PN staff who monitor these forums to get the BB activated which to his credit he did, it was possible my new account notes didn't get sent to the next correct link in the chain by the COT member (as far as I can make out).

edit > typo
mrbenjamin
Hooked

Hi Apprentice and all...
It seems I'm not the only one who has noticed these little tweeks that have been made with the calls packages (or lack/removal of them) by Plusnet. Personally I think Plusnet has gone the wrong way with the LRS and taking away all the call packages....you pay your money up front, its sat in their bank account and what do they give you....literally, line only.  As I stated in a previous post, I knew Plusnet had pulled the evenings calls but the way the website was setup when I recently moved a line over to Plusnet, did not make it clear when the LRS was selected that NO calls package was now associated with LRS. (The website has since been updated ).  What I can't understand is why Plusnet have pulled the weekend free calls package from LRS and yet BT have retained it, and it stays even under BT's forthcoming price rise, also BT's LRS price stays the same...  All I can say is that if your a BT customer on LRS with a weekend free calls package, then stay with it....the overall difference is negligible and not worth the time spent on the phone or computer doing the change.
Best regards
MR B
Apprentice
Grafter

......... but the way the website was setup when I recently moved a line over to Plusnet, did not make it clear when the LRS was selected that NO calls package was now associated with LRS. (The website has since been updated )

In my case of moving line (Oct)  to PN their representative obviously didn't know about the fact there were no weekend calls with the LRS, or he conveniently "forgot" to mention it so I would move over from Madasafish to PN for BB and phone.
It looks like their staff (some of) training isn't keeping up with all the changes occurring in their BB and phone packages...... at the customers expense and by the time the customer has sussed it out it's too late as PN systems can't handle it.