Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Rental Saver to match true contract length

chandu
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: Line Rental Saver to match true contract length

@TeeGee  I totally agree with what you have said in your post.

About time things are simplified. I have just renewed my LRS and I am wondering if I am going to regret doing it.

Many regards,

Chandu.

Rich28
Dabbler

I completely agree with what @AdamWard  said in the first post on this thread.  I also took an 18 month contract and was only offered a 12 month line rental saver, which is now up for renewal.  I'm reluctant to do that as in a sense it would be forcing me to remain with Plusnet after my contract has expired and I feel this is grossly unfair.  

TeeGee
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 1

This is an ongoing issue and I looked into things again today for a relative.

When I renewed in February I contracted for 12 monthe internet to coincide with my LRS but I probably lost the benefit with the broadband charge, just basic not fibre.

A quick check today shows PN fibre only on Uswitch but the current deal is £22.99 pm. Deducting full line rental that leave £3 for fibre broadband. This is the same as on the PN website which no longer mentions new customers only.  If I look at deals available to me as an existing customer the charge is £8 pm. As that well known tennis player once said - You cannot be serious!!

I was also quoted a minimum fibre speed of 7.1mbs.  I currently get 8.5 with ADSL!

At least I get a benefit from the Boris Brexit Bounce...!!

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for your post @TeeGee and apologies for the delayed response.

Your Fibre estimates appear to be not too bad with the estimated speeds being between 15 and 25Mbps. The minimum guaranteed speed for your line is showing as 11.6Mbps though rather than 7.1.

Have you called our Customer Options Team to see what we can offer? They can be contacted on 0800 013 2632 and are open the following hours

• Monday to Friday- 9 am while 8 pm
  • Saturday - 9 am while 7 pm
  • Sunday - 9 am while 6 pm

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
TeeGee
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 1

@MatthewWheeler wrote:

Thanks for your post @TeeGee and apologies for the delayed response.

I think we might have spoken a few days ago about dropouts on my line. Openreach quickly found 4 faults locally so thanks for speedy action by all.

At the moment I am quite happy with my connection but always keeping an eye on things.

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Glad to hear it seems to be more stable @TeeGee.

If you do experience any issues, just let us know!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
AnDyC13

I too have just found myself in this same situation.  On top i have a mobile sim where the data will half if i don't continue but to be honest that bothers me none.  These ties and over lapping contracts vs line rental savers are just rather frustrating and are such an in plain sight way of making you feel awkward and in a position of not knowing what to do for the best. I have only one tactic that is a sure way to avoid the head ache and that's presume to change supplier at the end of every contract and to accept with PN that you need to factor in the extra money needed for the line rental after 12 months. Id be confident saying that this hot topic is pushing more people into switching rather than staying which is clearly its intent.  Everyone offers new customer deals making switching the ever more attractive option.  I would happily be corrected on any of this content if im getting the wrong idea as i am pretty new to all this utilities business. Id like to add that the value and service ive had and continue to have is very good and value is good just the above makes it tricky to get your head around staying loyal.

KatieC
Pro
Fixes: 11

Hi @AnDyC13

Sorry to hear of the frustrations that have been caused.

Whilst I appreciate the point you have raised, Line Rental Saver is a payment option that Plusnet have chosen to offer customers to provide them with the ability to pay for 12 month line rental in advance, at a reduced cost. It is not a minimum term contract. It is a business decision to offer customers to pay 12 months in advance, rather than 18 or 24 months. Offering it over a longer term would also increase the upfront cost and as a value provider, or pricing needs to reflect that.

In this situation, I would advise you to consider our 12 and 24 month minimum term contracts, as this would help with syncing the line rental saver and broadband together.

Please do let us know if you have any further questions!

Katie C
 Plusnet Help Team