cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Rental Saver to match true contract length

AdamWard

Line Rental Saver to match true contract length

I have had a few contracts with Plusnet and once again the fixed 12 months of my Line Rental Saver is up for renewal. However, my contract, as for many Plusnet customers is 18 months long.

I can't understand why Plusnet do not offer a Line Rental Saver to match the true length of a customer’s contract.

Once again, as in the past I will not be renewing my Line Rental Saver in case when my contract ends that Plusnet may not offer a deal good enough for me to stay.

I like Plusnet, and have always been happy with Plusnet, apart from this. They are losing out on an opportunity that they could offer their customers. Making it more flexible for the customers and making Plusnet more attractive.

Tags (1)
37 REPLIES 37
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Line Rental Saver to match true contract length

I totally agree with you.

I see the £15 I lose for having 6 months loss of LRS something that has to be offset against being in the much stronger negotiating position of being able to leave without cost when my contract is up. Maybe the trick is to try to renew the BB contract for 1 or 2 years, not 18 months so from Plusnet's point of view it could be advantageous - but I always was a cynical old s*d. It's occurred to me that Plusnet's much heralded fixed price contracts have been introduced to stop us being given the opportunity to either leave or negotiate a new contract mid term.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hello Guys,

I am sorry to hear you feel this way, but really do appreciate your honesty. We do offer 12 months contracts, which can be taken along side of the line rental saver.  However I do appreciate that often a longer term may have a lower monthly cost.

I will pass on your feedback on in regards to this.

We offer the fixed price packages in order for our customers to avoid price increase on there line rental and taken  broadband package for the agreed contract length. You can still how upgrade you package for higher speed at anytime and look at a new deal up to 3 months before your contract is due to end. This is the same in all our deals. 

Please get back to us if you need any further assistance. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
longedge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

My feeling is that keeping the two contracts out of step is a way of locking you in. I made sure last year that my contracts are co-terminous, it's perfectly do-able and personally I wouldn't accept anything else.

mockingfaces
Dabbler

I'm in the same position.  Decided not to renew Line Rental Saver because broadband contract still has 6 months to go.  Best price for broadband always 18 month contracts, best price for line rental always 12 month contracts, so they sync up only once every 3 years.  Plusnet's new "fixed price contracts" - if you look at the terms, you can still get a discount from the quoted price by buying Line Rental Saver.  So rational behaviour is to calculate an 18 month price as including broadband (18 months), plus line rental saver (12 months) plus standard line rental (6 months).  It seems a bit mad to have to do that calculation, why not offer an 18 month Line Rental Saver? 

longedge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

It's clear that what the customer retentions team are allowed to offer varies from time to time. For myself I shall never go back to a situation where I have got contracts ending six months apart, no matter what. If I can save a few quid by paying LRS that's fine and I have to say that I'm very happy with what I get from Plusnet at the price I pay Smiley

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @mockingfaces

I will forward your feedback onto the relevant team in regards to offering an 18 Months Line Rental Saver package, due to the addressed issue.

Should you require any assistance, please feel free to get in touch with us.

Many thanks.

Rumpus

I have also now run in to this "problem" in that PN advise I have one contract with them but in fact I appear to have two. I pay aq Broadband/Phone contract and I also pay a Line rental renewal contract both for differing periods. I have forwarded this "issue" on to the relevant authorities although don't expect any movement. As seen above it's PN's way of keeping your custom with them. 

chandu
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: Line rental saver

Ok, guys at PlusNet Help,

I have been struggling to find the current price of Line Rental Saver on your website, but failed miserably.

Can you either tell me the current price for LRS and if there is any increase in the pipeline OR please direct me to the info page on your website.

Thanks and I look forward to your prompt response.

Chandu.

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Re: Line rental saver

Thanks for your post, @chandu.

The current price of LRS is £197.88, with our residential pricing refresh taking place in December.

If you're thinking of renewing, I'd 100% recommend doing it before December as the price will almost certainly be increasing.

chandu
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

@ Plus Net Support Team,

I have looked at your website and failed miserably to find the current LRS price.  My current LRS comes to an end in December 2019 and my BB contract ends in July 2020.

Having said the above, I have to make a decision as to take up the FTP on offer by CityFibre in my area, which offers Fibre BB, phone service and NO Line rental at very reasonable price.  I like PN, but if LRS keeps going up every other year then I have to start looking at other suppliers.

So, guys what is the current LRS price and is there any increases in LRS in the pipeline?

Why is it difficult to find the LRS price info on PN's website?

Hope you can address the above query quickly.

Chandu

mockingfaces
Dabbler

I had the same problem today, finally found it by searching on google! 

https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/line-rental-saver/

£197.88

susanm
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Im getting on in years and find understand all this difficult and i get confused as have no one to explain it to me .   I have paid line rental saver for 3 years now and dont understand what will happen if i dont renew it , then i get worried that ill loose a lot of money or end up with no phone and broadband . ( its an age thing ) 

Is it always best to pay up front for the LRS ? Am i making a saving .

What will happen if i decide not to pay up front again next year 

Technology is often difficult for me so i appreciate your reply . Thankyou 

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Put simply, if you do not renew your LRS you will revert to paying for line rental on your monthly bill. You will not lose your broadband or phone service (assuming you pay your monthly bill). 

Currently LRS is £197.88 per year compared with £18.99 per month for line rental - a saving equivalent to £2.50 per month.

Prices are due to increase by £1 per month from 3 December with a commensurate increase in LRS (PN have not specified exactly waht that is to my knowledge). Therefore, if you are able (i.e. are within 3 months of the end of your current LRS term) renew before then It will take effect on the expiry of your current LRS term

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @susanm, thanks for getting in touch.

@jgb has pretty much answered your questions, but just to confirm if you decide not to renew the Line Rental saver then you would just go to paying monthly. The Line Rental Saver currently saves you a total of £30 over 12 months.

Please do let us know if you have any further queries.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team