Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Rental Saver - renewal

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Line Rental Saver - renewal

I have just taken the opportunity to renew my LRS online, in advance of expiry on 28/11/14. I am not convinced that the system recognises this as the confirmation e-mail states "Your Line Rental Saver contract will start when your next monthly bill is taken."  Please can you ensure that this is treated as an advance payment to start when the current LRS expires. Reference Service Notice #203838037
Thanks
9 REPLIES 9
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Line Rental Saver - renewal

Ah.
See you'll have been so loyal, that you have confused our systems by renewing your Line Rental Saver over a month before it's due.
Don't worry, I can 100% confirm that your new LRS will not take effect until your existing one has completely run it's course. It's basically just queued up behind your current one now.
Hopefully this puts you at ease Smiley
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
nadger
Rising Star

I've renewed LRS just under 3 months in advance ever since facility was available.
I was also worried when I first received a similar email a couple of years ago but all has gone well  Smiley
I will again be using this option next month  Smiley
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

The reason I renewed LRS as soon as allowed was the impending price rise in September, with a few weeks to spare just in case something went wrong. Wink
SamP
Grafter

Poor wording in "Line Rental Saver" acknowledgement emails

I just renewed Line Rental Saver - more than two months before the old payment runs out.
Your email (Email ref: ELRS3)  to acknowledge this contains the following
"We've taken your payment, thanks for choosing Line Rental Saver
Your Line Rental Saver contract will start when your next monthly bill is taken. "
This is clearly wrong, because it will start when the existing payment runs out - not next month.
Can you tidy up your standard emails, and also confirm to me that I will not get short-changed  in the way it says.
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Poor wording in "Line Rental Saver" acknowledgement emails

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

dick:green Topics merged.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
SamP
Grafter

Quote from: MattyC
Ah.
See you'll have been so loyal, that you have confused our systems by renewing your Line Rental Saver over a month before it's due.
Don't worry, I can 100% confirm that your new LRS will not take effect until your existing one has completely run it's course. It's basically just queued up behind your current one now.
Hopefully this puts you at ease Smiley

Well... Splendid and all that, but...
Are you going to re-write that standard email so that it doesn't mislead people?
You could just leave it as it is, & keep on receiving questions from the confused customers who actually read these things.
nadger
Rising Star

As I've already said that email has existed for as long as the renewal option so I doubt it'll be changed soon  Wink
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Quote from: SamP
Well... Splendid and all that, but...
Are you going to re-write that standard email so that it doesn't mislead people?
You could just leave it as it is, & keep on receiving questions from the confused customers who actually read these things.

This is something that I've fed back on, and did once again after seeing this thread. I've not heard back from anyone just yet, but will keep chasing this.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet