cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Rental Saver renewal query.

Apprentice
Grafter

Line Rental Saver renewal query.

Can someone confirm that you can still renew your current LRS up to three months in advance before it is due to expire via the Member Centre portal and if done well in advance the renewal for 2014-2015 follows on from the previous LRS expiry date (2013-2014).
My current LRS expires on the 17-11-2014.
Thanks,
25 REPLIES 25
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Line Rental Saver renewal query.

that is correct - and I have a reminder set for the 22nd September - the earliest I can do it and the latest at the old price  Lips_are_sealed
Apprentice
Grafter

Thanks Oldjim it's good to know I can still do that before the September price increase in Line Rental Saver occurs  Smiley
anniesboy
Rising Star

I have just done mine, funny thing I was sure my renewal date was Dec 13th , but site said Oct 13th. ( I had date on my calender )
I will give P Net a call to check unless a P Net rep sees this and can check for me
RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

I have also just received my renewal notice e-mail.
I am 100% sure my existing LRS should expire for Jan 15 (I.E. I would start paying monthly line rental in Jan 15) as I have maintained LRS since is was introduced in December 2011 but the e-mail stated that I would start paying monthly line rental in Nov 14.
I raised a ticket (91318059) listing all my previous LRS payment dates & invoice numbers.
It did not occur to me that I could renew LRS at the cheaper price this month. Hmmm.....
anniesboy
Rising Star

Thats interesting, in that renewal date seems have jumped forward two months.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi guys,
I am looking into this for you now. I will update this thread shortly.
Matty

UPDATE:
@anniesboy - You are correct. It has jumped by two months. This has been flagged, and I will send you a ticket shortly in what I am going to do to correct it. Thanks a lot for raising this with us.
@RichardB - Yours has also jumped by a single month. I will respond to your ticket correspondence shortly.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

I tried to renew my LRS over the phone earlier this afternoon and the card number/security code was entered wrongly and payment declined three times. Suspecting that some mishearing or mistyping was to blame, I asked for the CS staff person to say the numbers back to me as I spoke them but he refused saying that wasn't allowed.
Why is that so?
I hadn't realised that renewal could now be done online.
Dave
daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

The email I was sent after paying says:
"We've taken your payment, thanks for choosing Line Rental Saver
Your Line Rental Saver contract will start when your next monthly bill is taken.
Please note: you'll continue to pay for your call plan and any call features or chargeable calls on your monthly bill."
Why does it not say that it will start when my current LRS ends>
Dave
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

it never has - that doesn't answer the question but may set your mind at rest
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

I had the same message when I renewed LRS in advance, the PlusNet systems are too dumb to realise what's going on and the stock message is generated. I have been assured that the new LRS will follow on when the current one expires. I will be keeping a close watch on this just to check it's OK. Smiley
Apprentice
Grafter

It will be interesting to see when the online payment is debited from my payment account, hopefully it will be on the renewal date in November or only a couple of days before it if needs be!
anniesboy
Rising Star

Be aware of the price rise after September 22nd.
http://community.plus.net/plusnet-residential-homephone-1595-faq-sept-2014/
RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Quote from: MattyC
@RichardB - Yours has also jumped by a single month. I will respond to your ticket correspondence shortly.

Sadly no update from Matty on my ticket. Another PN employee [nameless due to forum rules] did update my ticket in essence stating that I was wrong.
The disagreement centres on the LRS renewal dates:
My payment for my first LRS period was in December 2011 when the scheme was introduced.
I started my first LRS contract period on the 7/1/2012 and that should of expired on the 6/1/2013.
I.E. I would be billed for monthly Line Rental on the 7/1/2013 if I did not renew my LRS.
My second payment date was 9/10/2012. The contract period should have come into effect at the expiry of my first LRS contract period (6/1/2013).
My third LRS paymnet date was 11/10/2013. The contract period should have come into effect at the expiry of my second LRS contract period (6/1/2014).
PN are claiming that my LRS renewal payments constitute the contract start dates.  Huh
In effect, I have sacrificed the end of the existing LRS periods by paying before the expiry of a current LRS period. Shocked
I believe we are allowed to renew LRS within 3 months of the end of the contract period but I cannot find this on PN website.
Richard
anniesboy
Rising Star

I am awaiting the ticket that Matty referred to.
It seems there is a problem in the system, my renewal date  was Dec 13th hence with three month advance payment "rule" I should not have been able to update until Sept 13th.
Richard B if your renewal date is Jan 6th you should not have been able to renew until three months before that date.
My renewal date has jumped forward two months as confirmed by Matty B .
I trust this will be sorted soon, I am wondering how many other people will have the same problem.
Clearly I dont want to lose two months as a result of early payment.