cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Rental Saver question

dhd101212
Dabbler

Line Rental Saver question

Can anyone tell me what happens to line rental saver if you are out of contract and decide to switch?  To be more precise my contract is up in July but I renewed my line rental saver in June.  So if I was to switch provider do I lose the £185 paid up front?

9 REPLIES 9
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Line Rental Saver question

yes you do - officially - although rumour has it that some people got it refunded

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

As Oldjim has stated we wouldn't refund LRS unless it was in the first 14 days after you took it out.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

This was brought up last year when the prices went up then.
Many of us are part way through a LRS, and if we move then we loose the outstanding credit, the free to leave option was NOT going to be extended for us, even though we were long standing members.

So basically when you get the email saying the cost is rising you have 30 days to move, you then LOOSE all your outstanding credit on the phone or you stay and pay more.
As OJ said some people say they had a refund but I was told explicitly NO REFUND when I asked.
BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Hi HairyMcbiker,

Yeah there would be no refund for the LRS but in those 30 days you can contact our customer options team on 0800 013 2632 and press option 1 followed by option 2 and they can look at a new offer for you.

zilch777
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

That is awful, though it answers a question I was about to put! In order to avoid the September 1st price hike I was intending to do LRS for another year. But as I may be leaving the property in less than the 12 months, I'm not prepared to take the risk of losing some of my money, by trying to save £18.

Mayfly
All Star

I didn't renew my LSR in February when it ran out because:

a, If I wanted to leave under the 'detrimental changes to your contact' clause I wasn't prepared to lose 6mths of it but instead I was happier to pay an extra £9 for 6 mths and b, I want to align it with my contact so I shall renew it in August.

HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

@BenB yes I am aware of that, I did it last year, however I have just started a new 2 year contact with TV so this is bad timing for me.

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

@zilch777 If you move property your LRS will transfer with you to the new location

zilch777
Dabbler

You weren't to know this but I already have my other property and I'm fixed up there, but not with PN. It's a new contract I'm happy with and I wouldn't want to change.