cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Rental Saver - no renewal link, how to renew?

FIXED
wphil
Dabbler

Line Rental Saver - no renewal link, how to renew?

I have just received the email informing me my LRS is about to expire.  If I go to the LRS portal link as supplied it says

"You're already signed up for Line Rental Saver.
This will start from your next billing date."

Yet my current LRS expires on 15/12/20 and I have not renewed it yet.  Why is LRS not easy to view in one's account along with its expiry date?

Any idea how to renew LRS which apparently can only be done online according to the email?

Phil

PS  Perhaps I should add this is just another problem in a long line I've suffered since the new billing system was introduced in 2019.  That started with my being repeatedly billed for line rental when I had an active LRS, so perhaps this is related.

PPS  Also it is odd that the email I received says a new question has been opened but it does not appear as such in my account, I have to get to see it via the email link and it does not have any option for reply so does this mean it's already been closed?

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Line Rental Saver - no renewal link, how to renew?

Thanks for your post @wphil 

I'm sorry for the issues you've had with your line rental saver. I've fixed an issue so you now should be able to renew. 

If you're unable to renew online as there are certain types of legacy free call plans which weren't compatible with line rental saver back in the day, we can get around that by taking the payment over the phone on 0800 432 0200.

Also from what I can see the ticket we raised about this was created as a closed ticket just to send an email notification.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
wphil
Dabbler

Thanks.  That now shows up for renewal but shows my current LRS expiring a month later that it does and the email I received said.

You have me worried about the call plan comment.  I have 'legacy' free evening and weekends but have always renewed LRS online.

So if it allows me to renew am I safe to do so and if it would be a problem it would still stop me?

Sorry to be so pedantic but I have had so many billing issues with PN in the last 12 months I'm rather cautious.

Phil

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fix

Thanks for getting back to me @wphil 

I'm sorry for the concern. If the legacy call plan was stopping you from renewing line rental saver online, there'd just be no button to pay. If there's an option for you to pay online you'll be able to. Smiley

With regards to the expiry date, as part of the fix I had to extend it for free by a month so we don't charge you pro-rata line rental between now and your next bill.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet